lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-30-2017, 10:01 PM   #1
texas6023
Not Yet Wild

Default 2004 club golf cart key switch question? Can I wire both wires to one lug on key swit

I have a club cart ds I am troubleshooting with fully charged batteries. The reverse buzzer goes off.. I can hear clicking when I go to forward from neutral. But I did notice both wires on the key switch are on one lug.. Just wondering if this could still work like this or if this may have been a potential problem from previous owner. Cart does not attempt to move forward or reverse. Keyswitch has two lugs which are numbered "1" and numbered "2"

Also Ive seen some carts that have no key and the slot is left in the on position.. Is this just a matter of stripping the key out of the slot or is the keyswitch actually bypassed when this is done?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (207.2 KB, 0 views)
texas6023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-30-2017, 10:22 PM   #2
crash test dummy

Default Re: 2004 club golf cart key switch question? Can I wire both wires to one lug on key

with the wires on same lug the cart is powered on all the time
you will hear clicking when you go to forward from neutral if key is by passed ... but the go pedal would also have to be pressed
Old 07-30-2017, 10:41 PM   #3
texas6023
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2004 club golf cart key switch question? Can I wire both wires to one lug on key

Here is the serial number. What year is this cart actually? A 1994?

Also I've noticed the white wire coming through the wiper switch goes to the negative battery post where main negative is. From that same post a white wire goes to the charger receptacle. Is this still ok? I've seen other carts that the white wire coming through the wiper switch went straight to the charger receptacle
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (199.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-30-2017, 10:48 PM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Yes, a 1994 built the 20th week of the year.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 10:56 PM   #5
crash test dummy

yep thats a 94

yes it is ok that the wire goes to the pack neg
your wiring diagram

check you wiper switch for proper function

Old 07-30-2017, 11:15 PM   #6
texas6023
Not Yet Wild

I connected batteries just like this one. This was a 2004 that I had that was running.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (211.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-31-2017, 02:14 AM   #7
crash test dummy

yea that would be the correct battery wiring
Old 07-31-2017, 11:17 AM   #8
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Yes, a 1994 built the 20th week of the year.
20th week of production (production starts Aug of year before ) about mid Dec 1993
Old 07-31-2017, 12:28 PM   #9
texas6023
Not Yet Wild

Inspected wiper switch and the brush wear is offset a little bit still makes contact. I looked at a golf cart that runs and the brush is also wearing the same as this cart so do not think the brush wear is the problem. I also changed out key switch with a working one and still no go.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (139.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-31-2017, 05:55 PM   #10
crash test dummy

solenoid test
Quote:
Disconnect the negative battery cable from the battery. remove all wires, restorer , and diode from solenoid
test 1
Connect an volt meter, set on continuity, place on the two large terminal studs. The meter should indicate no continuity, Replace the solenoid if continuity is present.
test 2
Using jumper wires attach from main positive and main negative of battery pack to the two small solenoid studs, polarity is not important. You should hear a click as the solenoid engages, and the meter should indicate continuity on the two large terminals. Replace the solenoid if continuity is not present.
if solenoid clicks rapidly solenoid is bad
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car