lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-15-2017, 09:14 AM   #1
Unforgiven
Feral

Mixed Breed

Default Velocity: Junkyard Empire

Was kind of watching this show last night, in and out.

They was making a racing lawn mower. Looked like a cub cadet. Had a straight axle set-up. 750 CBR (I think,..thats almost nap time for me)
Well, a lot of work went into it and he dumped the clutch in first, went about 10 feet and busted the crankcase. To me it looked like he had way to much slack in the chain. It may have scared him when he let off the clutch, he may have double clutched it. I think the slack was the down fall of the project.

I know it would have made me sick if it would have happen to me. A lot of people do these type builds in this section, hence the post. Plus hasn't been much traffic through here lately.

Just finished up the "HoMod" I see another project on the horizon.
Unforgiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-18-2017, 07:57 AM   #2
R1 Buggy
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Velocity: Junkyard Empire

Ouch! yea Unforgiven if I do all the work I have ahead of me and then the crankcase blew out I would probably cry. No lie.

Luckily I bought my R1 motor while it was still on the Yamaha frame and in working order so I rode around on the motorcycle and dumped the clutch, burned out, wheelies and everything before the tear down to ensure it could handle what im going to give it... :D
R1 Buggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 08:58 AM   #3
Unforgiven
Feral

Mixed Breed

I was reading you was about to start a build. Lot of people fail at this, yes. But, I've seen some awesome builds on these. A lot complain of chain noise. Lack of reverse. Have hard time keep rear end together. If your cart is a gasser you could use the reverse feature in the trans-axle. But I don't know if it would hold the torque of the motor cycle. Start you a build thread and start asking questions. Will be a lot of people watching and answering questions for you.
Unforgiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 09:11 AM   #4
R1 Buggy
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thumbs up Re: Velocity: Junkyard Empire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post
I was reading you was about to start a build. Lot of people fail at this, yes. But, I've seen some awesome builds on these. A lot complain of chain noise. Lack of reverse. Have hard time keep rear end together. If your cart is a gasser you could use the reverse feature in the trans-axle. But I don't know if it would hold the torque of the motor cycle. Start you a build thread and start asking questions. Will be a lot of people watching and answering questions for you.
Ok will do... Thanks Unforgiven
R1 Buggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 11:33 PM   #5
rifter
rifter

E-Z-GO

I watch all the builds in here.
rifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps