lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-30-2017, 09:13 AM   #1
Floutier84
Not Yet Wild

Default Need speed options on Club Car Precedent

I have a Club Car (PQ 2012) which I'm assuming is the IQ model since it maxes out at 15mph going downhill.
Everything is stock (as far as I know) and has 2016 batteries.
My question is, what modifications will work on my cart and be most cost effective to get me to 20mph?
I've been reading last night and this morning but understanding the controllers and different types of motors are blowing my mind.
I've read about speed magnets, upgrading controllers, changing out for a plum motor, having a dealership unlock to code 4. I even saw someone selling something that you plug and play yourself for a code 5.
One thing I noticed from going through threads is that so many people say different mods work/don't work for their carts.
Any recommendations or help in what would work for me?
Thanks for the help!
Floutier84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-30-2017, 09:20 AM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Need speed options on Club Car Precedent

Speed magnet will be the cheapest way to get speed. It will prohibit the controller from limiting your speed, which will allow for more top speed. It will not give you an increase in power. Lots of people start with the magnet and buy more expensive goodies down the road if they crave more power. Your 2012 Precedent will have the ADC motor. If you order a speed magnet, make sure you order the one for your motor and not the GE motor.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 09:31 AM   #3
Floutier84
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Speed magnet will be the cheapest way to get speed. It will prohibit the controller from limiting your speed, which will allow for more top speed. It will not give you an increase in power. Lots of people start with the magnet and buy more expensive goodies down the road if they crave more power. Your 2012 Precedent will have the ADC motor. If you order a speed magnet, make sure you order the one for your motor and not the GE motor.
Thanks for your advice. After a quick look online it seems like they get very mixed reviews. About 50% of installers say their cart speed stayed exactly the same or only improved when going downhill. Is there a certain place to buy them to make sure it's a legitimate part?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1888.jpg (58.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-30-2017, 09:33 AM   #4
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

RevolutionGolfCars.com above has the correct speed magnets.

I will just add that if You like your Regen brake, neither the speed magnet nor the PlumQuick bandit motor upgraded are a good solution as both eliminate the Regen brake.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 09:35 AM   #5
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floutier84 View Post
Thanks for your advice. After a quick look online it seems like they get very mixed reviews. About 50% of installers say their cart speed stayed exactly the same or only improved when going downhill. Is there a certain place to buy them to make sure it's a legitimate part?
They only work if your cart is healthy. It raises the maximum allowed RPM limit. If your cart can't reach those high speeds you're not gonna benefit from it. If you can feel the motor braking slowing you down, you'll notice a gain by installing the magnet. I assure you they work, but you need to buy a quality piece. The one you sent the picture of is not a quality piece. I've heard stories of the Amazon magnets breaking and getting pieces all inside the motor and really causing problems. Our magnets are built in America as a high speed magnet, it's not a modified OEM magnet like some you'll find online. It's a one-piece design and I've never had one break. I've sold over 2500 of them.
Old 03-30-2017, 09:42 AM   #6
Floutier84
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
They only work if your cart is healthy. It raises the maximum allowed RPM limit. If your cart can't reach those high speeds you're not gonna benefit from it. If you can feel the motor braking slowing you down, you'll notice a gain by installing the magnet. I assure you they work, but you need to buy a quality piece. The one you sent the picture of is not a quality piece. I've heard stories of the Amazon magnets breaking and getting pieces all inside the motor and really causing problems. Our magnets are built in America as a high speed magnet, it's not a modified OEM magnet like some you'll find online. It's a one-piece design and I've never had one break. I've sold over 2500 of them.
Just purchased from your site now! I didn't see an option for faster shipping but do you offer overnight or expedited at all? If not do you know how long shipping usually takes? I'm excited to try the product because I certainly feel the motor backing off when it hits 14-15mph and I hate that it slows me down on the hills
Old 03-30-2017, 09:45 AM   #7
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Thanks. The shipping on the website is basic US Mail shipping. If you want to expedite, you need to call and we can adjust. Shipping to your address in North Carolina should take 2-3 days. If you want to expedite, call me in the next 10 minutes and we'll go from there. Otherwise, I'm gonna drop it at the post office on my way to the shop. 706-836-7210.
Old 03-30-2017, 09:54 AM   #8
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

NOW THAT'S SERVICE!!!!
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 11:00 AM   #9
Floutier84
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Thanks. The shipping on the website is basic US Mail shipping. If you want to expedite, you need to call and we can adjust. Shipping to your address in North Carolina should take 2-3 days. If you want to expedite, call me in the next 10 minutes and we'll go from there. Otherwise, I'm gonna drop it at the post office on my way to the shop. 706-836-7210.
Looks like I just missed you. I'll learn some patience waiting I suppose! 2-3 days sounds fast anyway. Thanks for the awesome service.
Old 03-30-2017, 07:12 PM   #10
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floutier84 View Post
Looks like I just missed you. I'll learn some patience waiting I suppose! 2-3 days sounds fast anyway. Thanks for the awesome service.
You're welcome.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car