lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-21-2016, 05:49 AM   #1
Golfdog
Gone Wild

Default YDRE 2007 replacing the motor armature bearing

Have just separated the motor but am a little concerned about removing the speed sensor magnate so I can replace the bearing. The repair manual ignores the magnet so I am not sure if it is a simple push fit that needs to be pried off. Tks for any guidance
Golfdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-21-2016, 05:55 AM   #2
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Default Re: YDRE 2007 replacing the motor armature bearing

Don't be scared, it is a press on. If your changing the bearing, I just use the bearing to press the magnet off as I press the bearing off.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 11:03 AM   #3
Golfdog
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf cart guy View Post
Don't be scared, it is a press on. If your changing the bearing, I just use the bearing to press the magnet off as I press the bearing off.
Well, one new magnet later !! The above procedure may well work on a Clubcar IQ but its a recipe for disaster on the Yamaha YDRE. It transpires that the magnet is held in place by a circlip in a groove beneath the magnet and looks like a washer, so when pulling the bearing it destroys the circlip and plastic housing holding the magnet. You live and learn. Still wonder why there is nothing mentioned in the repair manual, it sucks.
Old 10-22-2016, 09:21 PM   #4
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfdog View Post
Well, one new magnet later !! The above procedure may well work on a Clubcar IQ but its a recipe for disaster on the Yamaha YDRE. It transpires that the magnet is held in place by a circlip in a groove beneath the magnet and looks like a washer, so when pulling the bearing it destroys the circlip and plastic housing holding the magnet. You live and learn. Still wonder why there is nothing mentioned in the repair manual, it sucks.
What motor is in it? Should be Hitachi right?
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 02:29 AM   #5
Golfdog
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf cart guy View Post
What motor is in it? Should be Hitachi right?
Yes it is a Hitachi my description of the clip is incorrect it is an E clip not a circlip that holds the magnet in place.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha