lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-10-2015, 04:43 PM   #1
DoubleTake
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Headlights not working

Just bought a 2006 EZGO Clays Car. It has the three position key switch to turn the headlights on and factory headlights in the ST cowl. Guy I bought it from said they were working until he washed the cart. Now they are not working. I checked fuses and they are all good. What else do I need to look for? Could the problem be in the switch?
DoubleTake is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-10-2015, 05:10 PM   #2
chloe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Headlights not working

It's possible the wash job shorted the lights. But both at the same time is not real likely. I assume the cart runs as you didn't mention an issue there, so we can assume the switch is good.
There is probably an inline fuse for the lights. Have you ensured it is good? Is there a relay? Is it good? Was he washing under the cowl and knock one of the wires loose?
If you have an ohm meter, do a continuity check on the wires from the switch to the lights. That will let you know if the issue is in the wiring. Use some jumper wires and a 12 volt battery to check each light individually. You can check the switch itself in much the same way.
chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 07:23 PM   #3
DoubleTake
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks, I'll have to check it out, but I don't think there is an inline fuse since these are factory lights on a factory fuse block.
Old 03-10-2015, 07:36 PM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Those factory fuse blocks stink, turn the lights on and wiggle the wires on the block
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 07:54 PM   #5
chloe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If you do get some flickering, isolate the wires and install an inline for the lights. Problem will be solved and the lights circuit will be somewhat protected for the next wash.
Old 09-29-2015, 11:37 AM   #6
DoubleTake
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Still trying to figure these lights out. Haven't done anything to them in a while. I was thinking of checking them by doing at least two things. I am either going to take the lights off the factory fuse block and run an inline fuse to the battery pack to get 12 volts or pull the wire for the lights off the key switch and plug them into another switch. Should either of those things work to possibly solve the problem?
Old 09-29-2015, 04:47 PM   #7
chloe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You really don't need to run a line to the pack. Just "jump" the fuse box with your inline fuse. If the fuse box was/is the issue, your lights will work and you can look into replacing the box or doing inlines for the other circuits.
Old 09-29-2015, 06:31 PM   #8
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Or break out the VOM and check for voltage on both sides of the fuse at the connector
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 09:46 PM   #9
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Nothing a digital voltmeter and some basic circuit knowledge can't fix. I would start from the power source and work towards the lights.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 10:19 PM   #10
cartattach
Gone Wild
Club Car

I'd start at the headlights. See if the power is there. Power there means bulbs. Do the rear lights work?
cartattach is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO