lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-29-2008, 07:54 PM   #1
mswords
Not Yet Wild

Default no click

well i checked all that was said to and now the solenoid will not click . i got the correct wiring diagram, everything tight and charged, tried to jump solenoid with cart jacked up and nothing happened. there is 48 volts on one side and zero on the other , press the pedal and volts not going through . it is a new solenoid with plastic tabs to mount to the cart and the other one was metal. is it possible the new solenoid is bad? sorry for the long drawn out story.
thanks,
mark
mswords is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-29-2008, 08:00 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: no click

yes it is possible to get a bad one........the new black plastic one right....i have had nothing but problems with them but other guys swear by them or at them i don,t know...................refresh my memory, what year bqand what happened..........................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 08:18 PM   #3
crash12888
Gone Crazy

'tried to jump solenoid with cart jacked up and nothing happened."

Was it the two large posts that you jumped? If yes then you bypassed the solenoid all together and since it didn't run I would think you have other issues.
Do you have power at one of the small posts of the solenoid and ground at the other one?
Not sure about the quality of the plastic solenoids but doesn't matter plastic verses metal as far as ground goes because internal coil to activate the solenoid is grounded from small post not mounting tabs.

Determine which side of the solenoid small post is hot and jump power to it. Make sure you have a good ground from the other small post.

Check it all with a meter and don't assume anything. Took me along time to remember that!! Good luck and keep us posted. Mitch
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 08:27 PM   #4
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Can you get a from above picture of the under seat area that shows pretty clear the components?
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 09:47 AM   #5
mswords
Not Yet Wild

thanks i'll try it when i get home today and try to get a picture
mswords is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car