lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-16-2014, 04:32 PM   #1
derkdaigler
Not Yet Wild

Default yall prolly gettin tired of me lol but i have another question on batts

Ok so.i had a thought . Since my Cart is.set up for 36 volts is there a way that i could use 8 volt batteries to operate my cart as is and then as i get more budget i could upgrade the.other components to 48volt as i go or is this just a pipe dream . If so ill just try and test the motor some how and go back with 36v although id really like to try the 48v . Some one said not to do the 12volt test can others elaborate on this and my other issue? You guys are so awsome and so is this forum thank yall so much for dealin with me an my questions
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2014-06-13 14.40.56.jpg (401.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2014-06-13 13.06.06.jpg (381.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2014-06-13 12.54.07.jpg (714.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2014-06-11 23.18.54.jpg (83.3 KB, 0 views)
derkdaigler is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-16-2014, 05:08 PM   #2
crash test dummy

Default Re: yall prolly gettin tired of me lol but i have another question on batts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roady89 View Post
Chances are the motor is fine and the electrical is toast...anyhow most do the following.

1. Connect S1 to A2
2. Connect 12 volt posistive from a battery charger to S2
3. Connect 12 volt negative from a battery charger to A1
4. Turn on charger, observe , then turn off charger.

If motor runs its ok.
my diagram ... some say to conect to motor and then touch battery

as for jumping to 48v ... you will burn up the parts not rated 48v .. motor would work .. you will need charger and cart receptacle

Last edited by crash test dummy; 06-16-2014 at 05:28 PM.. Reason: added rody89 post
Old 06-16-2014, 06:37 PM   #3
vagabond
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: yall prolly gettin tired of me lol but i have another question on batts

the way I'm doing my 96TXT I went the alltrax 400 and the heavy duty solenoid from ScottyB they will run on either 36 or 48 volt., I'm still 36 volts but the electrical system is ready for the 48 volt system.
and the alltrax controller made quite a difference in speed AND torq
vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 06:44 PM   #4
derkdaigler
Not Yet Wild

Crash test thats some funny (bleep) lmao yeah i read that article you posted but someone mentioned it wasnt a good.idea to test it this way i.was just seeing what others thought. And so vagabond your cart has all 48volt electrical but you run 36 volts worth of.batts? Thats kinda the way i was thinking . Whay is the alltrax you speak of?
Old 06-16-2014, 06:54 PM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

You could try frankenstein'n it with 5 8v batts totalling 40v, but i think your automatic charger is not gonna be too happy. And you will have a hard time getting the 5 batts to 100% charge with any 36v charger. Probably wouldnt kill the charger or controller. I would only reccomend trying this if you had 5 used 8v's you didnt care too much about, so this idea really doesnt solve any problems for ya. Seems like a pipe dream to me... I sure wouldnt buy new 8v's to try this with. Prolly gonna get flamed for even typing such a "foolish" idea. I fully agree with the 12v battery motor test shown in the picture tho.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 07:02 PM   #6
cgtech

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by derkdaigler View Post
Crash test thats some funny (bleep) lmao yeah i read that article you posted but someone mentioned it wasnt a good.idea to test it this way i.was just seeing what others thought. And so vagabond your cart has all 48volt electrical but you run 36 volts worth of.batts? Thats kinda the way i was thinking . Whay is the alltrax you speak of?

Your 36v motor controller and a lack of a 48v charger is really the only thing keeping you from droppin' 48v batterys in there right now. I did it (dropped 48v into a 36v Marathon, and changed nothing else, i had a 48v charger to charge with). It lasted about a month. Never really "blew up", just lost all torque, and took about 2 blocks to get up to speed. I had a used 300amp Alltrax controller laying around for when the inevitable failure occured. Alltrax controllers are good for 36v or 48v right out of the box.
Old 06-16-2014, 07:09 PM   #7
cgtech

Yamaha

Red Arrow This guy here, he's your motor controller, yeah he's gonna be pissed about being fed 48v, he will let you know he's mad by producing stinky smoke.

Green Arrow He's your contactor (solenoid). He has been used on 48v before by me (not recommended tho). If he doesnt like 48v he will just silently quit, probably far from home, have a fun push.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tmp_IMG_20140616_170416470700244.jpg (188.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-16-2014, 07:59 PM   #8
derkdaigler
Not Yet Wild

Lol ok so ... basicly if i want to go 48 volt i would.need a new alltrax controller new solenoid and 48 volts worth of batts.... buuuuutttt beings i am set up for 36 volts i reckon i should settle for 6 6volt bats new 4g cables and a.charger to get me runnin. So that instead spending 1000 plus on 48 v to.get goin i could go ahead and get cruising with 36v for 600 plus
Old 06-16-2014, 08:17 PM   #9
vagabond
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The kit I got from ScottyB was the 505DCS kit it;s the alltrax dcx 400
I think he only shows the 505 kit on his site, but he told me with the solenoid I wanted it would be the 505b.
Best thing to do is get with him let him know what you want from your cart, and he can tell you the best way to go
vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 02:12 PM   #10
derkdaigler
Not Yet Wild

Thats what ima do thanks buddy!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO