lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-14-2013, 08:51 AM   #1
Welldan18650
Not Yet Wild

Default Precedent phantom lights burning out

So frustrating. Last year I bought 09 precedent phantom limo 6x8volt. Has electrical gremlins since I bought it. First, cart completely died, blew main fuse, disconnected turn signal and car runs fine. Later replaced turn signal, seemed fine. Then led tail light burned out, replaced it then other one burned out. Replaced it then the other burned out.....I've replaced both tail lights 2x and now both burned out again. Then headlights blinked off every time we hit a bump, replaced pull switch, seems to be resolved. Additionally one front blinker burned out and the light that flashes on the new blinker assembly burned out. Now for the Mack daddy issue, not sure if this is related but driving along last week and a battery explodes, I hunt and akin this blast to a 12 gauge shotgun....replaced battery, seems to run fine. Now still have all these burned out bulbs and worthless dealer I bought from just wants to keep selling me new lights. Must be a bigger issue. Help, please.
Welldan18650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-14-2013, 09:06 AM   #2
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Default Re: Precedent phantom lights burning out

Are you using a voltage reducer? It could be flaking out and supplying more than 12 volts to your lights.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 09:34 AM   #3
Welldan18650
Not Yet Wild

I'm sorry, I believe the cart is stock with the exception of the phantom kit, which does include its own wiring and lights. Does anyone know if this kit utilizes a reducer?
Welldan18650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 09:47 AM   #4
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Sounds like your lamp voltages are too high. If they ran it off two 8V it's too high and the lamp life will suck. If that is the case, get a voltage reducer and run it off the 48V pack.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car