lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-18-2011, 04:54 PM   #1
tmck
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 96 CC 48v Charging issues??

I have a 96cc 48v. I have had the batteries checked and replaced 3 of them. The charger worked fine the first 2 or 3 times I charged it. Now, the charger just clicks and humms with no charge indicated on amp meter. Every so often it will decide to charge and when i come back to check it the little fuse on the bottom right side of charger is tripped. Any Ideas????
tmck is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-18-2011, 07:09 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: 96 CC 48v Charging issues??

powerdrive charger? heatsink and diodes....and replace the breaker.......................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 07:52 PM   #3
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

How long does it charge before it trips? A bad heatsink will usually trip it within 5-6 seconds
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:27 AM   #4
tmck
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

It is a powerdrive charger. I have watched it for 10-15 minutes and it never trips while i'm watching. I don't think its a charger issue. I think the problem is in the cart. I have hooked the charger up to other carts and it works fine.
Old 07-19-2011, 08:34 AM   #5
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

check all your batteries, load test them...even if you think they are good test and load test them , than clean everything every post ,cable end, and plug on charger where it plugs in and same with cart receptical............get those 2 as best you can.....also go over wiring and do resistance test on battery cables......could be a cable going bad under the insulation that you can,t see............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 01:37 PM   #6
tmck
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I'll load test the batteries, check the cables and let ya'll know how it turns out.
Old 07-19-2011, 03:39 PM   #7
tmck
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I just left the golf course and thought i would plug in the cart to see if it would charge and what do you know, it came on and is charging fine. I am going to go back and check it later( to see if it is still charging and to see if fuse on charger is tripped) . Any ideas why it sometimes charges and other times it doesn't?
Old 07-19-2011, 04:23 PM   #8
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

It doesn't sound like a heatsink problem at this point... It's probably just a bad circuit breaker in the charger. Sometimes the spring inside them gets weak and will randomly trip for no reason.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car