lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-20-2011, 05:33 PM   #1
shmo
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Spoke with Plumquick today

I had a chance to speak with Ricky today regarding a bandit upgrade for my G-22 Yamaha. I have been reading about others who have been really happy with the performance, so I thought I better get with the program. After just a short conversation, I think I am sold on the idea. For the type or driving I do with my cart, Ricky felt that I could get away with using my stock controller. I mean who can argue with a 25% increase in torque and speed for just a few hundred bucks. I plan on sending my motor off as soon as I can free up some time. Man, I am looking forward to having a little more giddyup...

If anyone has anything to share about the upgraded bandit motors, I would love to hear some reports......

SHMO
shmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-20-2011, 06:15 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Spoke with Plumquick today

Did you tell him how tall the tires are on that thing?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 06:32 PM   #3
trkbilder
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I agree with scottie on this one. PQ needs to know everything about your cart and the type of driving you plan on doing. I told them all about mine and I have seen a 25% gain in torque and top speed. A small improvement in range was also noted. It's really hard to say it was all the motor upgrade because I changed from resistor to solid state at the time the motor was upgraded. I couldn't be happier, I'm running stock controller, stock solenoid #4 gauge wires and fairly fresh batt.s. The motor for me made the difference. Good luck with yours!!
trkbilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 11:21 AM   #4
Mayfair
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Best of luck to ya!
Sounds pretty cool!
Mayfair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 12:44 PM   #5
shmo
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I explained in detail how my cart was setup, the intended use and the type of terrain I was driving on. I was also skeptical of the controller, as I have heard how weak they are in the G22's. Ricky didn't seem too concerned about it. He said I would experience a 25% increase in torque regardless, and if my cart was having no issues with it's current configuration, it should only get better with the motor upgraded as long as I didn't try to abuse it. I expressed that I did not want to (intentionally) do damage to the motor or the controller by not upgrading the parts that were necessary. He said it would be fine. My cart, although having 23" tall tires, is solely used on paved roads or hard packed gravel roads within my campground. Thus far, it has had no trouble zipping up any of the hills I encounter, the steepest being roughly 15-20 degrees of slope over a 75-100 foot run). I would assume my roads are very similar to a lot of golf courses. I do not use it for off road use or carrying heavy loads.

If anyone thinks I am heading down the wrong path, I am all ears. Being that I am so new to this electric thing, I still have a major learning curve to figure out.

Thanks guys.

SHMO
shmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:38 PM   #6
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Shmo, take off the service acsess panel and see if you have a "GE" or "Moric" controller. The GE are higher amp rated controller, the Moric would be for very carefull use. If it doesn't say...take a picture and post it.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 06:00 AM   #7
langstonjones
Gone Wild

Club Car

Did they give you any inclination as to the turn around time on motor after sending it in? Just curious because the wife will be away about a week this summer and that would be the only time to get her to un-@ss the cart to be able to do anything.
langstonjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 06:32 AM   #8
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

un-@ss the cart just hide the key
bokeasmowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 06:40 AM   #9
langstonjones
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokeasmowl View Post
un-@ss the cart just hide the key
.....and have her hangin' around pouting and pissed off cause she doesn't have a ride? Are you NUTS??? When she's not riding the "honey do" list grows exponentially...
langstonjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 07:01 AM   #10
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

my bad.....let her ride
bokeasmowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha