lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-24-2010, 12:48 PM   #1
Kingofdirt
Not Yet Wild

Default 1990 Club car With flat head Rev limiter question and govenor question

I have a 1990 Club car with a flat head I just ordered the clutch spring power kit and Im wondering if there is a way to get rid of the rev limiter and what should I do with the govenor
Thanks for the help Guys
Kingofdirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-24-2010, 08:30 PM   #2
Kingofdirt
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1990 Club car With flat head Rev limiter question and govenor question

I read the stickys and did some searching I just could not find much on the flat head and I dont see a rev limiter box any were,just a coil!
Old 08-24-2010, 11:24 PM   #3
Murphy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 1990 Club car With flat head Rev limiter question and govenor question

Sounds like you are trying to do every thing you can to blow that motor, that 20 year old flathead aint built for speed and high rpm's. But if thats what you want to do its your buggy, just my .02. The governor is the rev limiter. Big Block might be in your future.

Good luck
Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 06:35 PM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
Sounds like you are trying to do every thing you can to blow that motor, that 20 year old flathead aint built for speed and high rpm's. But if thats what you want to do its your buggy, just my .02. The governor is the rev limiter. Big Block might be in your future.

Good luck

i have to add i agree............................................8 )
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 11:43 PM   #5
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
i have to add i agree............................................8 )
X2. That little flathead will give years of faithful honest service. Why kill it ?

Chris
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 01:31 AM   #6
Kingofdirt
Not Yet Wild

Ok got cha Well the govenor is already unhooked at the carb can you guys tell me how it should be adjusted then I can hook it back up,I talked to a guy that said it has to be hooked up and you could bend it to get the results you wanted.
Thanks for the help
Old 08-27-2010, 11:14 AM   #7
Murphy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

When Gov Arm is at rest it should be parallel with the rear axel.
"Gov Rod" Straight end goes in Gov Arm, 90 deg bend end goes in Throttle Plate Pivot Lever.
Should be a plastic bushing in Throttle Plate and spring clip to hold rod in Throttle Plate
Loosen Rod bolt at Gov Arm
Push Throttle wide open and hold there.
Pull Gov Arm towards the Carb till it stops and hold there "It dosen't move very far"
Tighten bolt at Gov Arm.
Good Luck
Old 08-27-2010, 08:17 PM   #8
Kingofdirt
Not Yet Wild

Thanks a ton,so what engine swap if any would you guys say to use.
Old 08-27-2010, 10:30 PM   #9
Murphy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Tough question, I hear good and bad about any and all of them. If I had to choose I would do the Vanguard.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car