lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-14-2010, 07:52 PM   #1
b00sted2j
Not Yet Wild

Default CARBS vs. FUEL INJECTED ????

ok guys im looking at 600cc gsxr motors. should i go fuel injected or carbed? i know more power outta the injected but are carbed ones easier to set up cause u dont need the same ecu's and ****. i can get them both for around $300 so i am just figuring out what way to go.
b00sted2j is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-14-2010, 08:36 PM   #2
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: CARBS vs. FUEL INJECTED ????

FI only if you get the whole wire harness and fuel system including fuel pump.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 08:56 PM   #3
arcitech
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I guess it comes down to the old reply: It depends. Carbs will be an easier set up to start with, but the FI will be less hassle after the headaches of setting it up are done. If you like to tinker and you plan on using the cart a lot, I would go with carbs. If this is a weekend use or will be left sitting for any length of time, a FI setup will give you better dependability after a long sit. The motorcycle riders will tell you pros and cons for both, so go with what suits your style and plans for using the cart.

Mine is going to be a VFR 750 (carbed).
arcitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 09:05 PM   #4
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

I agree with Dooms, injected motor, get everything and ask to hear it run. Don't know what your project is, but with FI, it will be taller and that must be addressed in the build "big picture". You know, I like a member that ask's smart questions before they get started. Beleive me I know, I have a Taylor-Dunn 9" .....willing to sell or trade...just kidding. Good luck on your project
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 08:12 AM   #5
richie
ZZGONE

E-Z-GO

Yeah,what he sai......If you can get the whole bike it is best.Also get a manual on the bike then you have most of the info you need. I think most injected motors have the injector/throttle bodies made into the airboxes.What were those bike makers thinking......did they not think of us cart guys that might want a lil extra power? Mines carbureted so I can make an airbox that will lower my overall height but I also lowered my swingarm mount and am raising the seat height a lil bit.Good luck.
richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 05:13 PM   #6
b00sted2j
Not Yet Wild

so a fuel injected motor wont fit unless i raise the suspension?????
Old 08-15-2010, 06:19 PM   #7
richie
ZZGONE

E-Z-GO

or lift the body.I have a pic of a yamaha frame where the guy lifted the body to clear the motor.This is not my cart so I can't answer any questions other than he raised the seat portion of the body.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg email%20pic.jpg (52.3 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg email 3.jpg (151.2 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg done 2.JPG (110.9 KB, 37 views)
Old 08-15-2010, 11:00 PM   #8
b00sted2j
Not Yet Wild

but a carbed motor will fit right in????
Old 08-16-2010, 04:58 AM   #9
richie
ZZGONE

E-Z-GO

You still will probably have some clearance issues with the seat depending on how low you set the motor in the frame.But with most carbureted models you can build a different air filter system where with the FI setup you have to run the factory airbox due to the injector/throttle boddy set up.Either way,get ready to due some major fabbing.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:48 AM   #10
b00sted2j
Not Yet Wild

what if i clock the motor forward or backwards, the chain would still be in the same spot, just rotate the angle of the motor to have it sit in there? fabbing clocked motor mounts would probably be easier and might work with fuel injected than????
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps