lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-02-2010, 10:08 PM   #1
idahosmoke
Not Yet Wild

Default Batteries or charger

I have a '91 CC DS 36 volt. Trojan batteries test fair on hydrometer and DVM both. After a full charge (club car ultra power II charger) the cart runs OK but extremely slow up any incline and pretty much slowed to a crawl after only a few holes of golf. This has happened twice in row now. Charger indicated a complete charge both times. Help??
idahosmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-02-2010, 10:18 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Batteries or charger

Both hydrometer and DVM readings can be a bit misleading..... sounds to me like you nay have one (or more) bad batteries? What is the date code on the battery NEG post base? A bad batt can read good at rest on a dvm and hydrometer readings that differ more than 15-20% From Cell to Cell are suspect ..... that can be 2 cells reading at the high and low end of fair ...... hope this helps you? Can you tape the dvm to the pack and play golf ? Then check the voltage when she begins to fail ..... I assume you have insured you have good cables and clean connections?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 10:25 PM   #3
golfcarfixer
Gone Wild

Club Car

I agree
golfcarfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 10:34 PM   #4
idahosmoke
Not Yet Wild

Thanks scottyb. I'll give all the wiring another check just to be sure. I just bought this cart a few months ago and have just had it sitting in my shop till I had some free time. I paid 900 bucks for cart, charger, and all from the original owner. I knew I might have to put some time and a few bucks into it!! Looking forward to getting started..
idahosmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car