lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-20-2019, 09:05 PM   #1
stevewise033
Getting Wild

Default New Batteries

It's time for a new set of batteries for my buggy. Has anyone had any experience with the Duracell golf cart battery ? I know Trojan and US are the top choices. Just wondering about the Duracell since they have a pretty good reputation for just everyday batteries. Thanks everyone

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
stevewise033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-20-2019, 09:56 PM   #2
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: New Batteries

They are available at Sam’s Club locally, and sometimes they go on sale for a very good price. I have bought several packs of them, and I have seen them last five or six years if well cared for. Never had an issue.
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 10:04 PM   #3
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Never used them and not sure who makes them for Duracell. Sounds like luke has had some good luck with them though.....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 06:03 AM   #4
handtools
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I don't have any long term experience as I just bought a set of 8v for my DS at Sam's for $89 each. So far they have been great and as far as I can tell they are made by East Penn.

Duracell Battery Sales Sheet.pdf
handtools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 07:47 AM   #5
Allmanac
Getting Wild

Club Car

I've had a set of the 8v in my DS for almost a year now and they have been very reliable. Only added water once and that was before I bypassed the OBC and added a smart charger. Haven't had to add a drop since. Full charge after 12hr rest is usually around 51.8v.
Allmanac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 08:16 AM   #6
stevewise033
Getting Wild

Sounds great guys. Thanks for the feedback

Old 06-21-2019, 08:40 AM   #7
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

I don't have any Duracell branded, but I have a few sets of East Penn batteries in my carts.
Depending on your usage and maintenance habits I would expect 4-6 years from them. Maybe longer if you use a good charger and stay very vigilant about keeping them clean and keeping the water at the correct level.

I have 3 sets of the East Penn batteries left in my fleet and they are all 4-6 years old now. The oldest ones use a lot of water, but they were not exactly cared for before I took over the maintenance on them, and I know that they were getting hard tap water added to them when the water was low. That oldest set I will probably have to replace by the end of this summer, but as I said, it's somewhere about 6 years old.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 08:56 AM   #8
mcdonaldmarcos1
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

I have 8v Duracell dated 7/17 and they are doing pretty good for me they were in the cart when I baught it and to my knowledge were never charged until I baught it because of bad obc... have yet to add any water
mcdonaldmarcos1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 09:15 AM   #9
stevewise033
Getting Wild

Thanks guys. As I have read so many times here, it's all about maintenance. I think u get what u pay for to a degree, but I think maintenance plays more in overall performance, than price or brand sometimes. That said, none of them are cheap, so I'm trying to do the right thing. Mine are 2016 Powertron 8000's that were in the cart when i bought it 18 months ago. I check them every month and only put distilled water in them when they need it. One lost voltage (bad cell I'm assuming), so that renders the pack useless basically. They may all be bad now since I had to limp the cart home and the volt meter was down to 10% by the time I was back. The cart was dead as a hammer. I plugged in my Lester charger as soon as I got back. Going to check them all this afternoon but I'm sure I'm looking at 6 new batteries. Thanks again for yalls help

Old 06-21-2019, 03:03 PM   #10
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

That one time down to 10% will not ruin your pack. Take a few operating hours off its life, yes, but not kill it. I have had carts and kids/people run them down repeatedly where we had to pull them back and then recharged them. Again, not a good practice, but that is till usable voltage when at 10%. If you had a good used battery, throw it in there. If no need and it is a good time to buy, then nothing wrong with a new pack either...
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car