lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-17-2019, 12:50 PM   #1
couplescaddy
Not Yet Wild

Default Gas XRT900 Questions

Hi Guys,

New member here with some questions about my XRT 900.

So I bought a used '07 XRT 900 a couple weeks ago, it's in pretty good condition, drives alright and has a new clutch. Have a couple questions though. My understanding is that I have the 351cc engine, which should give a top speed of about 17-19mph. I was testing it on a slight decline the other day and found that I was only reaching about 11-13mph at top speed. The clutch seems to be working fine, but I'm not sure the belt was replaced with the clutch. Is it possible that a slipping belt at the higher speed is causing this or is it the rev limiter that is actually set too low to achieve book speeds?

Second question. I need 2 new tires on the front (will move the current rears to the front and new tires on the drive line). The cart came with Turf Master 22" tires, is there something else someone recommends better than the turf master or should I just replace with like tires? My end goal is to have a fairway cut (less than .5 inch HOC) lawn of either princess 77 or Tifgreen, so I'd like to have something that wont destroy my lawn down the road once it's in, but has some good traction up hills in the current state of garbage grass & dirt.

Third question. I'd like to replace the stock halogen headlights with LED as well as tail lights. Since nobody lists upgrades as "Carryall, Turf, or XRT 900" is the cowl model the same as the DS? Will DS parts pretty universally fit the XRT 900?

Fourth question. The cart runs nicely going forward, but has a pretty good squeal in reverse. Any ideas what needs to be lubed to eliminate this screech in reverse only?

I'm also considering an electric tilt bed if anyone can direct me to a good tutorial page.

Thanks so much guys!
couplescaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-17-2019, 01:01 PM   #2
BearsFan315
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Gas XRT900 Questions

only reaching about 15-17mph at top speed

sounds about right, should have an Kawasaki FE350 engine most carts are RPM & Governor Controlled to keep them under control most carts are limited to 12-15 mph

there are mods you can do to speed it up a little, be careful not to BLOW the engine !!
BearsFan315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car