lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-15-2019, 06:34 AM   #1
jim,s
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default 96 club car DS

In the next couple weeks I'm going to start my summer project. I want to upgrade this 96 club car DS. So I want to prepare a budget.

First after taking it apart I will replace all the spring bushings.
next I want to upgrade to the MCOR 4, (thats where Tahoe dawg comes in)
This cart is 48 volt with a bad OBC, I may get rid of that.
A 48 to 12 volt reducer will be needed, (thats where Scotty comes in) I really like the kit he has reducer,fuse block, ground bar.
I would like this cart to run at least 23 to 25 mph. upgrade the reversing cont actor, solenoid, motor.
If a new wiring harness is needed to get rid of the OBC well I will talk to Tahoe dawg again about that.

I have painted a lot of things in my life due to a family owned paint and body shop. and now a few golf carts for people in our park. BUT I have never painted a true candie apple red.
so this project will be it. Then my plan will be to donate the cart to a single mom in the apartments at the front of our property whose parents live in our park. The little girl in working as a cook next door to our property and has to borrow her dads vehicle all the time. My wife and I go to the car show twice a month at the diner and see this little girl in action. Just trying to keep a home for her son. If all goes well santa will payoff this year for her.
jim,s is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-15-2019, 07:59 AM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: 96 club car DS

Great Humanitarian thing to do!

The speeds you are looking for will be easy. SR-48400 or SR-48500 is plenty, D&D or MOT-A1 (PQ, but its a lot for a give away) and then upgrade the solenoid and cables and you will be there with ease.

No harness needed. To bypass the OBC and set you up for a smart charger is relatively easy, too. Let me know if you want to completely remove it and I will write you out detailed steps to cover every facet of it. That model has a little different OBC and there are some wires that are separate as opposed to a dimple connector.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car