lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-11-2018, 08:25 PM   #1
snookwheel
Not Yet Wild

Default Gas in oil and cylinder

Hi folks,

I have a 2000 DS CC. Just recently I had gas fill my cylinder as well as the crankcase. In reading it appears that this was likely a dirty needle valve issue. I have also read it could be a leaky diaphram in the fuel pump. My question is, is it more likely to be the needle valve in the carburetor since there was fuel in the cylinder? Wouldn’t a fuel pump issue just drain gas into the crankcase, not up into the cylinder? Thanks for any feedback! Scott
snookwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-11-2018, 10:46 PM   #2
DannyAbear
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Gas in oil and cylinder

Bad f;oat or stuck needle valve in carb.
DannyAbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 10:26 AM   #3
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Probably the carb. Dirty needle valve, or stuck float. Check the float for liquid inside it. If it has liquid in it replace it.
Easy check for the pump is to pull the pulse hose off and see if any fuel drips from the pump.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 03:51 PM   #4
snookwheel
Not Yet Wild

Thanks all, deteriorating fuel lines were passing bits into the fuel pump and a defective fuel filter was allowing junk into the carb and causing the needle valve to not close properly. Changed out the lines, filters and cleaned the carb. works good now.... except for a new issue I'll start a new thread on. Thanks for all the help! Scott
snookwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 07:54 AM   #5
swamphandy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I had the exact same issue. Tried cleaning the carb, still had problems. Got a replacement carb for $17 on Amazon, replaced the fuel lines/filters and it's all good now.

Now I only run non-ethanol fuel. Thanks to the Feds all regular car gas has ethanol in it now, so you have to look for "Rec Fuel" or Non-Ethanol Gas of some sort. Ethanol eats rubber and gaskets.
swamphandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car