lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-21-2018, 12:01 PM   #1
gobgolfcarts
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 05 club car precedent slow going up hill with new everything

I have a cart in my shop and it runs fine on flat land but once the cart hits a hill it slows down tremendously to about 3-5 mph. The cart came in without a controller so i ordered a new one from fsip. I put a new mcor and speed sensor in it. even tried 2 speed sensors. no difference. discharged the brand new trojan batteries for about 30 minutes and all read 11.6. Replaced all cables with 4G. checked alll wiring. even drove it for about 20 minutes nothing is over heated. I thought it might be the brushes but pulled the motor and someone had replaced it with a brand new blk advanced motor motor 3.5 hp. Also put a new solenoid on as well. The cart is a factory club car 4 seater with serial number PE0540-556122. Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.
gobgolfcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-21-2018, 12:49 PM   #2
gobgolfcarts
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 05 club car precedent slow going up hill with new everything

I also jumped the key switch as well as F&R switch.
Old 04-21-2018, 02:39 PM   #3
movin-on
Gone Wild
Club Car

What is the pack voltage...Assuming that you have 12v batteries, 12.7 is a fully charged battery..
movin-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 04:49 PM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

And on the same note what is the pack voltage at the time you "feel" the loss of power and thru the hill? It may be simply the new batteries have not been ran enough (seasoned) to build up to their full potential. I can tell you for a fact that a brand new set of batteries will let you feel the difference after 25 - 30 uses/recharges - especially in regards to power/force/torque.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 06:09 PM   #5
Raystar57
Gone Wild

Club Car

With 11.6V your batteries are dead. Only 30% SOC and you really should not be blow 50%.
Fully charge them, could take 16hrs.
Let them sit 12hrs and remeasure.
Run a little and charge again.
As you break in the new batteries, try to keep them from going below 70% SOC for 10-20 charge cycles.

Listen to Nole, he has seven year batteries still going strong!

This will help.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...batteries.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Johnnie_BChart.jpg (116.7 KB, 0 views)
Raystar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 05:16 PM   #6
gobgolfcarts
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

when i fully charge the batteries they read in the lower 50's somewhere. When i hook them up to my discharge machine after running for 30 minutes they read around 46v so I know the batteries are not the issue. I didnt want to run them more than 30 minutes b/c of the break in cycle. I always tell my customers to break in their batteries and dont completely run them down. Ive been working on carts on and off for about 15 years. but this cart is just kicking me while im down.
Old 04-22-2018, 05:43 PM   #7
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobgolfcarts View Post
when i fully charge the batteries they read in the lower 50's somewhere. When i hook them up to my discharge machine after running for 30 minutes they read around 46v so I know the batteries are not the issue. I didnt want to run them more than 30 minutes b/c of the break in cycle. I always tell my customers to break in their batteries and dont completely run them down. Ive been working on carts on and off for about 15 years. but this cart is just kicking me while im down.
When you say "after running for 30 minutes they read around 46v" on your discharge machine - are you reading 46 V WHILE the machine is still discharging them or after it's been shut off and they are recovered?
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 08:53 PM   #8
gobgolfcarts
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

while being discharged. when i shut the machine off they go back up
Old 04-22-2018, 09:18 PM   #9
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

You are asking for an answer that is in regards to a machine that runs off voltage - make it easy on yourself and check the digital voltage and the point the "loss" of power is felt. Tell us that reading and we can help you a little more...

Note- It has to be on the hill or when you feel it losing power to be helpful.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 10:55 AM   #10
gobgolfcarts
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Gotcha. I checked the voltage of the battery pack while driving. on flat ground we read around 47.9 and up hill it was reading about 46.9-46.5. Checked it against another precedent I have on the lot and it read about the same. I did however check the voltage coming out of the controller on the B+ and M- and was only getting around 38.9V on flat ground and around 36-37V going up hill. while going down hill i got about 50V. These voltages are all with pedal held down.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car