lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-07-2015, 12:00 AM   #1
Rlt62
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default No juice to solenoid

I havea 99 ezgo 36v cart I was repairing a broken frame and had to reroute part of the wiring. With the original brown and green wires was a 36v hot wire, a 12v hot wire from a voltage reducer and a ground wire from the battery pack..when I cut the wires I didn't disconnect the battery pack..the wires arched and 1 blew the bulbs on my headlights which were connected to the 12v hot wire and through a headlight switch all aftermarket. The 36v wire went to a battery check gauge. After repairing the frame and splicing wires together I have no power to the motor..I get no click from solenoid or any sound. I've looked for fuses and cannot find any in the wiring harness. I have 36v at the charging plug. Batteries are fresh and charged. I've tried jumping across the solenoid and nothing. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to check? I need help!
Rlt62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-07-2015, 08:40 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: No juice to solenoid

Which drive system does your 1999 cart have?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ezgoguide.jpg (78.0 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 05:37 PM   #3
Rlt62
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Not sure. It does have the Manuel fwd/rev switch under the seat. How can I determine which drive system I have?
Old 11-07-2015, 06:09 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlt62 View Post
Not sure. It does have the Manuel fwd/rev switch under the seat. How can I determine which drive system I have?
If there is a rod from the manual F/R lever going over to a big rotary switch in front of the controller on the passenger side, it is a series cart.

The first place to check is for full pack voltage on the smaller of the three wires coming out of the backside of the charge receptacle.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wiring Diagram - Series with KSI traced.JPG (58.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-07-2015, 07:42 PM   #5
Rlt62
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

There is a rod so it's a series drive. I'll check tomorrow. Football tonite. But thanks so much for your help. I'll let you know what I find. Would I put the + lead from my volt meter to the the small wire and ground the other lead to read the voltage?
Old 11-08-2015, 09:14 AM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Unless specifically stated otherwise, the negative test lead is connected to the battery pack's main negative terminal for all voltage measurements.

The cart's frame is not, or at least shouldn't be, connected to the battery pack, so golf cart is an non-grounded system, so every electric circuit requires two wires. One from the battery pack and one back to the battery pack.
Old 11-08-2015, 12:14 PM   #7
Rlt62
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks. I'm getting no voltage from small white wire on back of charging terminal. I pulled the ignition switch and have no current on either side also.
Old 11-08-2015, 12:57 PM   #8
Rlt62
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

It looks like the power goes through a switch on the throttle pedal. I started trying to pull the switch and got the four bolts removed that hold encase the switch but can't get the box to break loose from the frame. Am I on the right track??
Old 11-08-2015, 01:01 PM   #9
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Thanks. I'm getting no voltage from small white wire on back of charging terminal. I pulled the ignition switch and have no current on either side also.
The small white wire is connected to the voltage source, so if it is dead, the rest of the circuit is dead.

The reed switch probably got trashed when the 36V wire arced.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ezgo Reed Switch bypass.jpg (169.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-08-2015, 01:09 PM   #10
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
It looks like the power goes through a switch on the throttle pedal. I started trying to pull the switch and got the four bolts removed that hold encase the switch but can't get the box to break loose from the frame. Am I on the right track??
You don't want to move the pedal box. You'll screw up the mechanical adjustment of the throttle if you do.

You are getting ahead of the troubleshooting. No voltage at the small wire has to be fixed first, then the keyswitch if need be, then the pedal switch if need be.

To access the pedal switch, lift the floormat and go in from the topside of the box.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ezgo ITS & Pedal Switch.jpg (125.3 KB, 0 views)

Tags
np power
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO