lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-02-2015, 12:06 PM   #1
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Regen 2 conversion to IQ

With the help of one of my customers and Tahoedawg we have successfully converted a Regen 2 drive system to IQ drive using the new XCT control from Alltrax.
We simply changed the main wire harness to IQ. Installed a MCOR & pedal conversion kit and installed the XCT control and D&D motor.
Our test cart is FAST! how fast? I am waiting for GPS results.

This is very good news for Regen II (2) cart owners who want upgraded performance.
More news to follow
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-02-2015, 12:20 PM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Regen 2 conversion to IQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
With the help of one of my customers and Tahoedawg we have successfully converted a Regen 2 drive system to IQ drive using the new XCT control from Alltrax.
We simply changed the main wire harness to IQ. Installed a MCOR & pedal conversion kit and installed the XCT control and D&D motor.
Our test cart is FAST! how fast? I am waiting for GPS results.

This is very good news for Regen II (2) cart owners who want upgraded performance.
More news to follow
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 06:19 PM   #3
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Cool!
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 09:02 AM   #4
glassk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Comparing some information I have

A9950-83**** with motor 101854501 3.2 HP has 4 pulse magnet stock, OBC AM122920 has 18" tires runs 13 MPH on gps

Question is , using a stock 250 or 350 Amp Curtis(if still on sale) controller , wiring harness and MCOR kit , could keep motor and OBC and would not need a magnet .
to keep up with her cart,

Her cart is AQ0327-29**** with motor 102240102 3.2 HP special service ? don't know the pulses, 250 Amp Curtis controller . with 22" tires Runs 19 MPH on gps,
glassk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 09:52 AM   #5
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassk View Post
Comparing some information I have

A9950-83**** with motor 101854501 3.2 HP has 4 pulse magnet stock, OBC AM122920 has 18" tires runs 13 MPH on gps

Question is , using a stock 250 or 350 Amp Curtis(if still on sale) controller , wiring harness and MCOR kit , could keep motor and OBC and would not need a magnet .
to keep up with her cart,

Her cart is AQ0327-29**** with motor 102240102 3.2 HP special service ? don't know the pulses, 250 Amp Curtis controller . with 22" tires Runs 19 MPH on gps,
The 1999 is a Regen 2 motor. It's compatible with the IQ system. The only issue is that you're limited to speed because you can't put a high speed magnet in it. The factory magnet has 8 poles, high speed has 4. They don't make a magnet that fits the Regen 2 motor. However, a new 350 amp controller programmed to speed setting 4 will give you 19.6MPH with factory tire size. You'd be able to use a plum quick bandit IQ motor and really move after the conversion. The controllers are available at that price until my supplier sells out. It's a promotion they're running because they're no longer going to carry them (for whatever reason). Curtis is going to continue to make them, but they won't be available for that price after these are gone. I sold one a couple days ago and they only had 3 left. You are correct in assuming that you can re-use the OBC as well. The MCOR conversion kit would be necessary as well as a new accelerator pivot rod. The pre-mcor pivot rod does not have the barb on it for the MCOR drive bar to rest on. Contact me if you're interested in talking about it some more. My phone number is on the web site. Link below... I'm about to leave the office to go work on some carts and I won't be on BGW, but you can reach me by cell.
Old 09-04-2015, 11:06 AM   #6
glassk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
The 1999 is a Regen 2 motor. It's compatible with the IQ system. The only issue is that you're limited to speed because you can't put a high speed magnet in it. The factory magnet has 8 poles, high speed has 4. They don't make a magnet that fits the Regen 2 motor. However, a new 350 amp controller programmed to speed setting 4 will give you 19.6MPH with factory tire size. You'd be able to use a plum quick bandit IQ motor and really move after the conversion. The controllers are available at that price until my supplier sells out. It's a promotion they're running because they're no longer going to carry them (for whatever reason). Curtis is going to continue to make them, but they won't be available for that price after these are gone. I sold one a couple days ago and they only had 3 left. You are correct in assuming that you can re-use the OBC as well. The MCOR conversion kit would be necessary as well as a new accelerator pivot rod. The pre-mcor pivot rod does not have the barb on it for the MCOR drive bar to rest on. Contact me if you're interested in talking about it some more. My phone number is on the web site. Link below... I'm about to leave the office to go work on some carts and I won't be on BGW, but you can reach me by cell.
Thanks,

just kind of window shopping for when something needs updating., I bought the cart a couple of months ago, to use around our place to keep from abusing hers. Stock seems to be checking out OK, bought it needing batteries. put new ones in hers and using that pack till I replace them now that I have it running and doing some little stuff. Six T=875's were $694 with tax and my cores, 20 miles away. I would imagine you are about that just 147 miles away .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150827_180201_S Hampton Rd.jpg (303.3 KB, 0 views)
glassk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 12:46 PM   #7
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

That's a good price on Trojans. I think you're right about the distance. I've been to the racetrack up there a lot.

Tags
regen ii; iq conversion
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car