lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-12-2008, 02:28 PM   #1
jmbernt
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Wiring/Repairing horn 36V EZ GO

I'm trying to get my horn to work on 95 EZ GO Medalist. Checked out the switch and discovered broken wire. Switch was in bad shape so replaced it and hooked up the pos and neg leads to the same battery and now I have Voltage to switch (6.2V) and when switch is activated I have 6.2V to the horn but no "TOOT". Problem is the horn wiring to the batteries was there but not hooked up. My question is, can anyone tell me which battery, batteries the wires connect to. I have tried putting positive to one battery and negative to the adjacent battery which gives me 12.4V at the switch and when depressed, 12.4V to the horn terminals but one again no horn. Also in addition to the two bayonet connectors on the back of the horn the is a phillips headed set screw. Not sure what it's for but I have turned it in and out with no results. There doesnt appear to be any wires left over to connect to it so as it stands now nothing connected there. I suspect that the horn itself may be inoperative but I still need to know which batteries the Pos & Neg hook up to. I'm assuming the horn is 12v but cant say for sure since it appears to be original equip... Help "Please"!!!!!
jmbernt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-12-2008, 04:23 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Wiring/Repairing horn 36V EZ GO

chances are its a 12 volt horn and the horn or the switch is bad.........all you need is a voltage meter and find 2 batts that give you 12 volts and use them 2 batts......hot wire to pos of one of them and ground to neg. of the other one, once you have wiring to horn set up to switch take a test light and just use it on one battery see if you have power to the ends at the switch if not push or activate switch see if test light comes on so you know you have power that far than hook horn up see if you have power up to horn if you do bad horn if not bad switch..........for the price of a horn kit with a switch you might want to just buy a new setup.........................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 04:48 PM   #3
jmbernt
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

OK, That's pretty much what I have done. I have 12V to the switch and when the switch is depressed I have 12V to the Horn so it would appear that the Horn itself is the culprit. Thanks for confirming that I have the batteries hooked up OK

JB
jmbernt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 05:12 PM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

JB, your welcome............just replace the horn you,ll be fine............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO