lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-14-2019, 07:43 AM   #1
MUDSLINGER250
Getting Wild

Default Rxv charger question

Gotta 2014 ezgo rxv 4 12 batteries my charger is blinking a red low voltage code and doesnt wanna seem to charge the cart. Soc meter is blinking and showing 30 volts. Can I put a regular battery charger on it and see if thatll bring up the voltage to get me through the weekend. All this stuff worked 2 weeks ago now its acting up.
MUDSLINGER250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-14-2019, 07:53 AM   #2
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Rxv charger question

Yes go ahead and charge each battery up. Just try and keep each battery reading about the same.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 07:55 AM   #3
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUDSLINGER250 View Post
Gotta 2014 ezgo rxv 4 12 batteries my charger is blinking a red low voltage code and doesnt wanna seem to charge the cart. Soc meter is blinking and showing 30 volts. Can I put a regular battery charger on it and see if thatll bring up the voltage to get me through the weekend. All this stuff worked 2 weeks ago now its acting up.
Them, not it. Charge all four. Might only need a few minutes each, but try then try charger. Repeat.

No need to move any cables, but just to be safe, I'd place it in "tow".

How old are your batteries? 30 is WAY deader than dead.

EDIT:

Got jumped by 2 minutes. Good advise about keeping them the same voltage, but at 30 volts? Sounds like a lost cause.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 08:14 AM   #4
MUDSLINGER250
Getting Wild

These batteries are not even a year old. I just had a new controller put in fee weeks back brought the cart back to the farm drove it it ran fine charged fine. 2 weeks later its acting like this. My TV and DirecTV is also out again but I left all that unplugged from any outlets. I'm thinking maybe another lightning strike but nobody here this time to confirm it.
Old 06-14-2019, 08:19 AM   #5
MUDSLINGER250
Getting Wild

Car charger has a 2 amp trickle and 10 amp fast charge which do yall suggest.
Old 06-14-2019, 08:28 AM   #6
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUDSLINGER250 View Post
Car charger has a 2 amp trickle and 10 amp fast charge which do yall suggest.
10 amps, and monitor it.

30 volts is too much for 2 weeks of self discharge. You must have something that's draining them.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 08:47 AM   #7
MUDSLINGER250
Getting Wild

I dunno all my accessories are on a spare battery. It's never done this before even before the last lightning strike. I dunno what caused all this my clocks arent blinking like power went out anytime. So not sure.
Old 06-14-2019, 02:51 PM   #8
MUDSLINGER250
Getting Wild

I put a fluke on my battery pack after using charge its showing 51.3 volts. Soc of charge meter is just blinking wildly when key is turned on it shows full charge then shows one red bar . The cart makes no solenoid clicks no back up alarm no movement at all
Old 06-16-2019, 10:00 AM   #9
MUDSLINGER250
Getting Wild

Heres some new info. I left the charger off the cart over 12 hours. The voltage on the pack per 2 fluke meters is 50 volts. When I turn the key on the soc meter doesnt come on theres still no solenoid clicking. The brake will release when under seat connectors are swapped. Does the soc meter have anything to do with any of this or the key switch? Anything off the top.of your head I could check with the meter while its here.
Old 06-16-2019, 01:40 PM   #10
MUDSLINGER250
Getting Wild

I tried to add a video of the key switch. When I toggle it the soc meter blinks off and on showing 100% charge then only showing 12 volts. I can wiggle the key switch and toggle it off and on and the soc meter will do this or just stay off. I put a volt meter on the plug from the key switch to the soc meter its showing one volt steady on the connector.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO