lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-11-2019, 10:01 AM   #1
Russell E
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Gas club car surging at slow speed

I have just bought a 2012 Gas Club Car Precedent did a complete service oil, change, transaxle gear oil, plug filters and cleaned the carb. It runs very well at the higher speed but it surges/ rpm seems to fluctuate when at slow speed.
Anyone run into this before?
Thank you for your time.
Russell E is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-11-2019, 06:07 PM   #2
mckittrick.joe
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Gas club car surging at slow speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell E View Post
I have just bought a 2012 Gas Club Car Precedent did a complete service oil, change, transaxle gear oil, plug filters and cleaned the carb. It runs very well at the higher speed but it surges/ rpm seems to fluctuate when at slow speed.

Anyone run into this before?

Thank you for your time.
I would check for an Air leak .Could be from air box anywhere to part carb bolts to.

Sent from my LGL158VL using Tapatalk
mckittrick.joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 06:41 PM   #3
FloridaCart
Getting Wild
Club Car

Could be several different things , but it sounds fuel related. As Joe said check air box these motors are very sensitive to air leaks. make sure lid is sealed. Did you start with fresh gas? Clean tank ? If cart is running good at high RPMs I would rule out the fuel pump.Carb may have to be cleaned again. Good luck.....
FloridaCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 07:29 PM   #4
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

I would think either a fuel delivery issue or the governor cable is sticky and is causing the throttle plate to open/close more than what your foot is telling it to.

I'd try a good thorough carb cleaning and when you remove the carb, slide the governor cable back and forth by hand and make sure it moves freely and doesn't have any kinks or frays.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 05:19 AM   #5
Russell E
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thank you all. I will clean the carb again and check for air leaks. the gas tank is clean. The previous owner had messed with the governator, I have tried to reset it as close to 4000 rpm as I could. Very Touchy. thanks again. Will let you know what I find.
Old 06-12-2019, 09:06 AM   #6
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Thank you all. I will clean the carb again and check for air leaks. the gas tank is clean. The previous owner had messed with the governator, I have tried to reset it as close to 4000 rpm as I could. Very Touchy. thanks again. Will let you know what I find.
I second checking the cables and the gas pedal linkages to make sure they all move freely. the slightest bit of resistance, especially on the cable going from governor to carb, can cause all sorts of problems.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 01:20 PM   #7
Russell E
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I checked all the hoses, cleaned the carb ( cleaned it last week ) and was still clean. I did find the cable going from governor to carb where the cable mounts to that bracket the cable was doing almost a 45 turn and the black end of the cable was not attached to the bracket. the cable goes from the governor over towards the passenger side and then back. To me it looks like the wrong cable. I made a little thing to keep it in line with the carb. haven't tried it yet, Raining. Does a 2012 have a RPM Limiter and where is it?
Old 06-13-2019, 05:31 PM   #8
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

That doesn’t sound right. It should attach to a bracket on the transmission near the governor arm and the cable should come straight out of the sheath towards the attaching point on the arm.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 07:49 PM   #9
DannyAbear
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Factory govered setting is 2950 rpm
DannyAbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 05:57 AM   #10
Russell E
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Sorry, I am new to golf carts and old!!! I found that I was really talking about the
governor cable where it hooks into the carb. the cable end (the silver part is not attached to the end of the cable that locks in the bracket so it just flops around. I found a Illustrated parts list, It will help me know parts and their numbers.
The day I brought it home my wife was flowing me and she said I was doing almost 40 mph that's why I wanted to know where the rev limiter was to reset it. I could not find it in the part list.

Tags
surging
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car