lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-13-2019, 01:46 PM   #1
mhbullybee
Not Yet Wild

Default Controller

Ok I’m getting my butt kicked. I have a P5 built in 2014 with a sevcon 633t46319 controller. The controller went out do to low voltage. I can’t find a controller except from Columbia which is just 1200-1800. I almost wet myself. This controller has regeneration. There is a controller from sevcon 633t46101 that doesn’t have regeneration. This controller is a lot cheaper. Has anyone changed out a 633t45319 with another model or kind thanks mh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mhbullybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 02:17 PM   #2
bluwtr49
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Controller

I feel your pain. When the controller in my 2006 P4 gave up the ghost I bit the bullet, converted it to an Alltrec controller and never looked back. This did not save me any money but I now have a modern controller that can be replaced for 1/3 the cost if need be. The additional benefit of being able to modify the personality settings with my laptop was the icing on the cake since it's virtually impossible to find anyone with a Secon programmer.

My controller was a bit over $500.00 and another $1500 for a tech to rewire the car.

Best of luck to you.
bluwtr49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 10:39 PM   #3
mhbullybee
Not Yet Wild

Thanks I’m wondering what has to be rewired. They tell me that low voltage from a bad cell took it out. Ok then why doesn’t the thing shut its self down and flash a code to stop that from happening. I have had a lot of help from Columbia tech guys nick and Matt my hat off to them. The dealer in Little Rock also has been helpful.

mhbullybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 11:51 PM   #4
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhbullybee View Post
Thanks I’m wondering what has to be rewired.
The best thing to do is go to the Alltrax website and download the wiring diagram of the controller that you are interested in. Then compare it to the wiring diagram of your present cart and figure out what changes have to be made (if any).

Some of the Alltrax controllers are plug and play for several of the popular carts. For other carts, wiring changes will have to be made.

Alltrax has a pretty good technical support desk too where you can talk to a real person about your requirements.
ThreeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 10:57 AM   #5
bluwtr49
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhbullybee View Post
Thanks I’m wondering what has to be rewired. They tell me that low voltage from a bad cell took it out. Ok then why doesn’t the thing shut its self down and flash a code to stop that from happening. I have had a lot of help from Columbia tech guys nick and Matt my hat off to them. The dealer in Little Rock also has been helpful.

In my case, the tech modified the wiring to take the Alltrec controller but it was not particularly easy and if we had to do it over we would simply rip out the Columbia wiring harness and rewire using the Club Car wiring diagram. If you wanted to pursue this option first find a really good tech and talk it over with them. I figured the cost was close to a push but the car was out of service for several weeks.

I really like the Columbia car but if I were to consider buying another one the controller swap would be a condition of sale. I see no redeeming virtue with the Sevcon.
bluwtr49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar