lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-27-2013, 08:11 AM   #51
aacorp
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Primer / Sealer

Absolutely, love the old cars with creative names. These guys in England were very serious about their drag racing, and had top notch stuff on their cars - no junk. I had to leave by 2pm to catch my flight out of Heathrow, and missed this horrendous crash:

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/gr...deo-67478.html

I was really surprised to see but a handful of golf carts over there, not even electric ones since gas is so expensive (and mostly diesel). Geez, a drag race event here in the states is like a mini golf cart show - everyone is tricking out their cart, whether for function or show! Heck, our golf carts are 'preferred seating' at the track chapel services - they line the perimeter of this service, you can just see the roofs of the carts (and our windshield frame).

aacorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-12-2013, 03:40 PM   #52
aacorp
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Well, we ended the '13 season on a huge high note with Benjamin going 6 rounds in a big points meet at Maple Grove Raceway, including back-to-back perfect reaction times in rounds 1 & 2! Hope to carry the momentum into '14....

Old 11-12-2013, 08:16 PM   #53
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Just read the whole thread.....outstanding work on the paint and Koodo's to you and your son Master66, if you need a one off car for next years event, "Wilson" would be happy to have you drive him, or maybe Yamahahauler (if it's ever finished) ?. Could probably get it trailered up since we do some rentals for the event (if they'd ever pay for this year) Just had a great time reading this
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:18 AM   #54
master66
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for joining our painting/drag racing thread smallblock we kind of took off with it. My wife and I love the national event every year, we camp down there all weekend across the street from the main entrance at Howard Espings place. It works awesome because we just buy tickets get a golf cart pass from my buddy Frank Nelson and drive the cart right from our camp spot. Hopefully we could meet up some day there and watch some racing. I will try to add some pictures of my cart so you know who to look for if you see me. You guys have a good winter.
master66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 07:27 PM   #55
aacorp
Getting Wild
Yamaha

For our first year of Jr Drag Racing we pulled the Jr Dragster with Benjamin's 2 person go kart, worked ok - but I got tired of the pull starts and burning up the drive belt on the go kart. Also, sitting way too low - ate a lot of dust and stones when following the golf carts up to the staging lanes (got a lot of stares and half smiles too!).

So, we upgraded to a Yamaha cart, a seriously positive move!! We love it, and spend a fair amount of time just cruising around the pits in it. It can become a status thing very quickly, as there is always something you'd like to buy/install (like a back seat that can incorporate my tool box....)

And figuring out if this Jr Dragster tach would work on the Yamaha...

I've been thinking of adding some type of metallic ghost flames to the cart....

I want to see Master's cart first to see his paint job.
Old 11-13-2013, 08:35 PM   #56
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Me too! Come on Master....show us your ride
Old 11-15-2013, 09:12 AM   #57
master66
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Alright alright everyone calm down here. The pics aren't the best but here you go, it is my cart and my trailer i built. The trailer actually got stolen 3 months ago right from the golf course when i was out golfing and i just got it back so it is a little beat up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg golf cart pics 008.JPG (251.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg golf cart pics 011.JPG (285.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg golf cart pics 009.JPG (249.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg golf cart pics 014.JPG (281.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg golf cart pics 006.JPG (255.0 KB, 0 views)
master66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 08:35 PM   #58
aacorp
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Wow! That is top notch, love the deep paint and all the chrome accessories. I like the trailer idea too - now if I can find some reason to build & paint one.... This stuff is a sickness!
Old 11-17-2013, 11:31 AM   #59
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by master66 View Post
Alright alright everyone calm down here. The pics aren't the best but here you go, it is my cart and my trailer i built. The trailer actually got stolen 3 months ago right from the golf course when i was out golfing and i just got it back so it is a little beat up.
SWEET Thanks for sharing!
Old 11-19-2013, 08:54 PM   #60
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
SWEET Thanks for sharing!
X2!!

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint