lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-17-2008, 09:30 PM   #1
magnaschultz
Not Yet Wild

Default carb or fuel pump

i have an 81 gasser(i believe). i am new to carting, but i wrench on everything i own. i just changed the coil on my ride to one that i bought at the local small engine shop for 30 bucks. i was not ready to sink over a hundred for for a stock one. especially when the guy told me that it may be the ignitor.

good thing is it actually ran pretty good for a little while after i put it in. bad news is that it stopped running now. it got progressively slower till it stopped. if i choke it, it will run then quite again.

question is how much fuel should this thing pump thru the fuel pump if it is oppen cranking into a container. will the fuel pump make it die like this or should i be looking at the carb?

are the carb and fuel pump both rebuildable? where is the best place to get kits? how much?

thanks guys.
magnaschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-17-2008, 10:49 PM   #2
ruredy
Born Wild

Default Re: carb or fuel pump

The fuel pump doesn't move gas very fast, more like a slow weak stream. Check the pulse/vac hose going to the block from the pump, if there is gas in it then the pump diaphragm has a leak. If that hose is cracked it will not work right because of the pressure and vacuum created when the piston cycles, this is assuming the crank seals are good and the engine can create the pulses necessary to work the pump. check for a clogged fuel filter/lines.
I would also take the muffler loose and see if it will run like that, a clogged muffler will cause a 2 stroke not to run.
check with the sites sponsors for parts
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 06:26 AM   #3
mb523
Peanut

E-Z-GO

The fuel pump should squirt a pulsating stream about an inch and a half to 2 inches into a can when the engine is being turned over.

It sounds to me that your main jet in the carb is plugged. This is a classic symptom when choke is needed for it to even run a little bit. Tale the carb part and run a piece of wire (small, twist-tie wire) through the main jet openings and soak it in carb cleaner over night. It won't hurt to clean the rest of it with the carb cleaner while it is open.
mb523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 07:14 AM   #4
magnaschultz
Not Yet Wild

would anybody have a picture of the hose, and where it goes.
magnaschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 03:18 PM   #5
mb523
Peanut

E-Z-GO

Fuel line from pump to carb shown in picture. Red arrow shows flow. Click on image to enlarge.
mb523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO