lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-01-2011, 12:02 PM   #1
impdaddy
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Lift Primer?

Can anyone describe the differences including advantages /disadvantages in the spindle, drop axle, and a-arm lifts for a 2006 ezgo pds. I know this has been covered before but I am as confused as Boo during Halloween.

Thanks,
impdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-01-2011, 05:36 PM   #2
kellys~hotrods
Gone to refill cooler...

Yamaha

Default Re: Lift Primer?

A spindle lift uses the stock axle and a longer (dropped) spindle to achieve lift. A dropped axle does relatively the same thing with potentially more strength by design, but the axle is dropped to achieve lift. This is done using the stock spindles. A-arm lift kits typically will work the best off road and can be tuned for ride height and stiffness. The nicer kits allow for front tire alignment as well. If the cart does not have independent front suspension, the A-arm lift will make it truly independent in the front.

Having said that, I prefer the A-arm kits as they suit my needs best (which are a bit out of the norm here). Really you can't go too far wrong if you do your homework and select the best lift for your intended use. The spindle and axle lifts can be used off road but the independant lifts work better in rough terrain. If you are just cruising around camp grounds and neighborhoods, the spindle and axle lifts are a good economical choice. Hope this helps explain some of the differences! Good luck with your build, let us know how it goes.

Kelly
kellys~hotrods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 06:23 PM   #3
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellys~hotrods View Post
A spindle lift uses the stock axle and a longer (dropped) spindle to achieve lift. A dropped axle does relatively the same thing with potentially more strength by design, but the axle is dropped to achieve lift. This is done using the stock spindles. A-arm lift kits typically will work the best off road and can be tuned for ride height and stiffness. The nicer kits allow for front tire alignment as well. If the cart does not have independent front suspension, the A-arm lift will make it truly independent in the front.

Having said that, I prefer the A-arm kits as they suit my needs best (which are a bit out of the norm here). Really you can't go too far wrong if you do your homework and select the best lift for your intended use. The spindle and axle lifts can be used off road but the independant lifts work better in rough terrain. If you are just cruising around camp grounds and neighborhoods, the spindle and axle lifts are a good economical choice. Hope this helps explain some of the differences! Good luck with your build, let us know how it goes.

Kelly
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 05:28 PM   #4
larry1961
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I used the spindal lift from jakes because you can add disc brakes to the front of your cart
larry1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts