lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-03-2021, 01:28 PM   #1
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default HV relay kicked in on the last two charges. Hmmm

Now, just a few things first.

--My cells were getting somewhat out of balance....not like full volts or anything...so I switched the ZEVA balancing option to "DYNAMIC". By default the BMS16 uses a dynamic balance threshold, where any cells more than 1mV above the average receive balancing.

This usually brings the cells balanced very close.

--Then I switch the balancing setup back to my specs.

...Max charge voltage of my charger is set to 57V. The pack always charges to 57.3V on this setting.
...BMS Max V per cell is 4.01
...Balance V per cell is 4.07
...Full V is 56V

Now, when I look at the monitor (after the HV has terminated charging) the highest cell is under the 4.01. I did not take a pic of the monitor, but when I charge it today I'll see if I get another HV shutoff and I will take a pic of the individual cell voltages.

I just thought it a bit unusual that I'm suddenly getting HV shutdowns on two consecutive charges as I've never had this occur before.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-03-2021, 03:26 PM   #2
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: HV relay kicked in on the last two charges. Hmmm

Ok.....got some additional information:

Here's the cells right before I charged them. BTW, I usually let the pack run lower before charging but I'm hunting in the wilds of the woods tomorrow and like a full pack when I go.

Anyway, pack voltage was 55.5V and individual cells were as follows:

So, while charging at when the pack V was 56.5V the individual cells were as follows:
Old 12-03-2021, 08:49 PM   #3
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Looks pretty good to me. Your max imbalance at high state of charge is 13mV which is decent. No cells are near their max of 4.2V.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 02:44 PM   #4
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
Looks pretty good to me. Your max imbalance at high state of charge is 13mV which is decent. No cells are near their max of 4.2V.
I agree. But this is the first time an overcharge has occurred.....and twice in a row.

I think that since my HV cutoff is set at 4.01, Oh.....in typing this post I think I just figured out my screw up.

I have my MAX PER CELL set at 4.01.....when it should be 4.10!!!

I hate when that happens.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO