lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-15-2012, 10:38 PM   #1
Irindean
Not Yet Wild

Default Will 200cc be enough for 42" tires?

So i'm about to purchase a golf cart, club car with a 6" pro comp suspension lift, 35 inch tires with a 150cc fourwheeler motor, does up to 20mph. I wan't to up the tires to 42 inches, Im thinking another 2 inches of lift(to make 8") and a 200cc atv motor, to obviously do heavy offroading, mud and hills and rocks.

My first question is, will 8 inches of lift be enough to keep such large tires from smacking the body?

Second question is, will a 200cc motor be enough power to get about 30mph top speed from 42s, offroad?

Oh and just for fun, wan't to upload a picture of your golf car while your at it? This is my first time owning one, I'm still picking up ideas from other examples
Irindean is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-15-2012, 11:04 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Will 200cc be enough for 42" tires?

I'm guessing you are talking about 2 stroke power?
I have 750cc 4 stroke power turning 25s .
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:56 AM   #3
kellys~hotrods
Gone to refill cooler...

Yamaha

I am guessing that this cart has car axles under it. Is this correct? I have a 1641 cc VW engine and have run 31 inch tires on my cart. Gear ratio makes a huge difference when changing the tire size. 42 inch tires will have a great deal more weight than the current 35's in addition to the diameter change so you are on the right track with upping the power plant. The 40 inch tires on my Silverado are VERY heavy compared to smaller wheels and tires. I changed the ring/pinion sets to 4.88:1, installed a K&N intake, Gibson exhaust, and programmer to compensate for the increase in tire diameter and overall weight with good results. What I am getting at here is that you should have a solid plan to account for such drastic changes. Let us know what you decide to do, and good luck with the project if you buy it!

Kelly
kellys~hotrods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:06 AM   #4
Irindean
Not Yet Wild

I'm honestly not sure about the axles, I haven't gotten a chance to fully inspect it. And wow, thats quite a bit more than just a motor upgrade and extra lift, but does sound like a good idea when looking for more speed with bigger tires.Also, would you mind explaining the function of a programmer, or direct me to a place that explains it?
Old 04-16-2012, 07:33 AM   #5
DsZ71
3 Linked

E-Z-GO

Im running a 280cc ATV engine with 31's....

as for the lift, going to need more input/pics
DsZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:49 AM   #6
kellys~hotrods
Gone to refill cooler...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irindean View Post
I'm honestly not sure about the axles, I haven't gotten a chance to fully inspect it. And wow, thats quite a bit more than just a motor upgrade and extra lift, but does sound like a good idea when looking for more speed with bigger tires.Also, would you mind explaining the function of a programmer, or direct me to a place that explains it?
Newer fuel injected vehicles come from the factory with moderate air-fuel ratio curves and ignition advance curves. A programmer allows you to install a more aggressive air-fuel and ignition curve which makes more power. When combined with a free flowing intake and exhaust this can be even more beneficial where power is concerned. They are for cars and trucks with OBD2 connections and electronic fuel injection, not golf carts. I was trying to illustrate the need to increase power when lifting a vehicle to compensate for the increase of weight (larger tires, lift kit, etc.). This applies to golf carts as well as trucks, jeeps, etc.

As long as we're on the subject, improving braking is also a good idea when performing these kinds of modifications. I have a front wheel disc brake kit for my golf cart from Jake's to help slow it down because using only rear brakes was not sufficient. Like I stated before, develop a well thought out plan if you are going to tackle a project like 42 inch tires on a golf cart, and show us some pics of the progress It sounds like a cool build to me!

Kelly
kellys~hotrods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 03:55 PM   #7
Irindean
Not Yet Wild

Investing in brakes does sound very reasonable. Also, here is a picture 5Ld5V35H43kc3G33M5c3t14df17587abf11f7.jpg
Old 04-16-2012, 05:04 PM   #8
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

I have a 620cc turning 23" tires. It gives me plenty of torque to pull me thru most anything. I consider it a "resonable" combination for off road.
I think the tire size and engine combination that you are talking about is much better suited for show rather than go.

Just my opinion. Good luck whatever you decide.
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:50 PM   #9
Irindean
Not Yet Wild

I just don't necessarily have a desire for speeds higher than about 40.I know I would never race it or anything like that, I'm just not that big on speeds like that with no walls or doors around me lol and the places I would ride it aren't really open fields.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:39 AM   #10
DsZ71
3 Linked

E-Z-GO

So how about some more pics of that cart?
DsZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
42 inch, clubcar, golf car, monster, tires
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts