lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-14-2011, 12:55 PM   #21
pgilbert
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default *86 CC DS Stock clutches longer drive belt

After talking with Tom, he recommended using the belt for a 250 Honda Odyssey. The width on it is 31/32 so its just a weee bit bigger then a 15/16 but should be okay with fitting on the clutches. Actual dimensions for the belt measure 31/32" wide by 41-27/64" long.

So comparing the stock which is 37 -1/4 '' long, this belt gives you a good couple inches to play with. That may not seem like much, but as of right now my motor is touching the transaxle. Also the muffler i have rigged up, the little tube at the end of the exhaust hits the shifter cable. So all in all that few inches will be huge for my build.
pgilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-22-2011, 09:50 PM   #22
wooly15
Gone Wild

Default Re: *86 CC DS Stock clutches longer drive belt

Did you ever have any luck with this? I'm running into the same problem. Motor is touching the transaxle and the belt is still too tight. The driven clutch turns at idle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgilbert View Post
After talking with Tom, he recommended using the belt for a 250 Honda Odyssey. The width on it is 31/32 so its just a weee bit bigger then a 15/16 but should be okay with fitting on the clutches. Actual dimensions for the belt measure 31/32" wide by 41-27/64" long.

So comparing the stock which is 37 -1/4 '' long, this belt gives you a good couple inches to play with. That may not seem like much, but as of right now my motor is touching the transaxle. Also the muffler i have rigged up, the little tube at the end of the exhaust hits the shifter cable. So all in all that few inches will be huge for my build.
wooly15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 08:14 AM   #23
pgilbert
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Gilby's Club Car & Duromax 16hp Build

The belt arrived yesterday, going to work on it this weekend.
Old 09-23-2011, 08:32 AM   #24
wooly15
Gone Wild

Just to clarify, will this belt give just a little more slack with the motor where it is now or will you have to move it back to get the proper tension? I'm REALLY not looking forward to having to take my motor out again and drill 4 more holes in that 1/8" steel plate im using for my mount. This project is giving me more grey hairs than my wife and kids have.
Old 09-23-2011, 09:24 AM   #25
pgilbert
Getting Wild
Club Car

Unhappy Re: Gilby's Club Car & Duromax 16hp Build

Unfortunately you'll more than likely have to drill some holes.

Stock belt: 37inches
Odessey belt: 41inches

I have not done it yet, but I'm assuming it will put the engine back at least a couple inches. I'm in the same boat as you though, going to have to drill some new holes.
Old 09-23-2011, 10:21 AM   #26
wooly15
Gone Wild

I'm bouncing between threads, but someone posted on mine that yamaha has a 1 3/16 x 39" belt. Wonder if that will solve anything?
Old 09-23-2011, 12:12 PM   #27
pgilbert
Getting Wild
Club Car

I am not sure exactly what kind of clutch you have. Mine is the stock off an old '86 DS. The clutches for those used a 15/16'' belt. Speaking with Tom at CPP the widest i seem to be able to get is using a 31/32'' belt.

1 3/16'' seems to have a ton of options for lengths of belts, but alas i cant use them.
Old 09-23-2011, 12:17 PM   #28
wooly15
Gone Wild

I'm using the stock clutches from a 94 carryall. It would be great if I could use the 1 3/16
Old 10-05-2011, 10:14 AM   #29
pgilbert
Getting Wild
Club Car

This picture is from a post made by 10507581. Since I plan to run with the governor intact, is this a viable option?
I saw further down in the thread there was possible concern with fighting the governor with the pedal since your hooked directly to the arm.

I tried using the stock throttle arm that attaches to the governor lever, loosening it up a little and hooking up my cable to that, but Ive had nothing but issues getting it to work properly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10507581.jpg (87.6 KB, 130 views)
Old 10-05-2011, 02:49 PM   #30
wooly15
Gone Wild

I got lucky on my lifan. The throttle arm is set up a little differently in that they have a pre-drilled setup and cable clamp on their's. It allows you to use an already existing throttle cable and works like a charm. They even have it to use with a remote choke.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps