lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-07-2011, 12:42 PM   #11
wooly15
Gone Wild

Default Re: Gilby's Club Car & Duromax 16hp Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookm View Post
You want the pump higher than the pulse fitting in the valve cover with a dip in the pulse line so oil won't get to fuel pump.hookm
How often should you flush out the oil that does get in the lines?
wooly15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-07-2011, 02:57 PM   #12
hookm
Younger Than Dirt

Club Car

I've run it at least a year,only then it because I changed something else,not much gets in it.hookm
hookm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 06:18 PM   #13
mvparcar
Getting Wild

Columbia

can't you use the duromax starter. are you just using the starter gen. for a gen. ? You could use an altenator. exhaust looks great!

Last edited by mvparcar; 09-07-2011 at 06:21 PM.. Reason: add info
mvparcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 07:04 PM   #14
pgilbert
Getting Wild
Club Car

That's something i have not really thought about. Would using the starter/generator as a starter cause less strain on the engine with the pedal start hooked up? I cant imagine the Duromax starter is built for constant starting. I could use the extra 3 amp charge then in addition to what the big genny is pulling.

Any thoughts? Pros / Cons
pgilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 10:10 PM   #15
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgilbert View Post
That's something i have not really thought about. Would using the starter/generator as a starter cause less strain on the engine with the pedal start hooked up? I cant imagine the Duromax starter is built for constant starting. I could use the extra 3 amp charge then in addition to what the big genny is pulling.

Any thoughts? Pros / Cons
If you are going to the trouble of getting an alternator in there you might just as well use the SG. It's the same size approx and would still require the same fabrication to install. I agree with you, I doubt that little starter supplied with the Duromax could handle the constant start cycles that a golf cart would require. I'm going the SG route and saving the wimpy looking starter for emergencies. The measly 3 amp output doesn't come close to an SG output either so that's going in the re-cycle bin as well. My cart has headlamps, fuel gauge, tach, a 12v outlet and stereo. No way is 3amps going to handle that.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 11:32 PM   #16
pgilbert
Getting Wild
Club Car

That reaffirms my thoughts, thanks. I wasn't considering an alternator since i already have the S/G, why spend money on something you already have.
Old 09-08-2011, 03:42 PM   #17
pgilbert
Getting Wild
Club Car

Picture Description:

Question, here is the inside of the Valve cover. I want to drill and insert my barbed fitting, but looking at the AGK website the inside looks different then what i'm looking at. I understand its a different engine and all, do i have to remove this inner metal plate? is it removable? Do i drill through it as well?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0073.jpg (127.6 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0074.jpg (195.6 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0075.jpg (52.3 KB, 29 views)
Old 09-08-2011, 04:22 PM   #18
hookm
Younger Than Dirt

Club Car

You drill below the vent through both layers,screw in the barb & put JB Weld around it. I just put JB on the outside.hookm
hookm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 09:42 PM   #19
pgilbert
Getting Wild
Club Car

Picture Description:

Here's the Pulse fitting installed. After i took off the air intake hose i was able to look inside and see there was plenty of clearance to drill.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0077.jpg (136.5 KB, 95 views)
Old 09-12-2011, 09:37 AM   #20
pgilbert
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Belt Woes

Can I bump up the width of my belt at all? The stock belt is 15/16 and like 37'' long, I need it to be in the low to mid 40s for length. And bringing the motor up any closer is not an option at this point. So, that leaves me with the option of increasing the width of the belt.

I have been calling around to the local lawnmower and snowmobile shops I'm not being met with much luck in finding one.

What are some Pro's Con's of increasing belt width?

Of course, if anyone has been fortunate of finding a website or a place that does in fact make longer 15/16 wide belts, I'm all ears!

The clutch is a 1984-1987 Salsbury drive clutch.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps