lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-03-2011, 08:25 PM   #1
wooly15
Gone Wild

Default KF82 RPM's

I've searched and cant find anything really "solid" concerning my max RPM's. I plan on speeding up my 84 with the KF82 flathead and need to know the upper limit RPM's. Also, does anyone know what the "sparks per revolution" are for this motor? Need to know to set up my tach.

Thanks in advance.
wooly15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-03-2011, 09:51 PM   #2
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: KF82 RPM's

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooly15 View Post
I've searched and cant find anything really "solid" concerning my max RPM's. I plan on speeding up my 84 with the KF82 flathead and need to know the upper limit RPM's. Also, does anyone know what the "sparks per revolution" are for this motor? Need to know to set up my tach.

Thanks in advance.
1 X spark / revolution.One on compression and a wasted one on exhaust. Max RPM's on a flat head ? I'd err on the side of caution. 3400 would be a safe bet but not for more than a couple of hundred yards. Why do you ask ? It's an older engine with few fail safes built in and was never a bullet proof engine to start with. I don't get why you want to consider grenading the motor. But when you do; I'll buy the remnants for cheapness.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 10:33 PM   #3
wooly15
Gone Wild

Oh trust me, im not getting anywhere near the max rpm. I don't want to blow the old girl. the governor arm that goes to the Carb worked loose one day and I can't get it back to where its supposed to be. 1cm either way, and Its either REALLY slow or just keeps revving. I thought I'd hook up a tach since I leave it on the high rpm setting.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:03 AM   #4
jace1975
Gone Wild

Club Car

The manual I have states that the max RPM is 4000. The adjustment procedure for the governor,(at least for the 1988 to 1991's covered by my manual) is to loosen the bolt on the governor arm on the transmission. Manually push the throttle to full open position, hold in place, push the governor arm to full forward position, hold in place, tighten bolt on governor arm. If you would like, send me your email and I will scan the pages and email them to you.

Jason

(klkeaton@embarqmail.com)
jace1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 07:30 AM   #5
wooly15
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jace1975 View Post
The manual I have states that the max RPM is 4000. The adjustment procedure for the governor,(at least for the 1988 to 1991's covered by my manual) is to loosen the bolt on the governor arm on the transmission. Manually push the throttle to full open position, hold in place, push the governor arm to full forward position, hold in place, tighten bolt on governor arm. If you would like, send me your email and I will scan the pages and email them to you.

Jason

(klkeaton@embarqmail.com)
Jason, that would be awesome. Just pm'd you my email.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:28 PM   #6
jace1975
Gone Wild

Club Car

didn't get your PM, try again and I'll send these to you tonight when I get home from work.
jace1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car