lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-24-2023, 04:52 AM   #10651
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: What did you do to/for your EZGO today?

Why is she not thrilled??
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-26-2023, 06:01 AM   #10652
Doubles Shooter
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Brought it home from camp and serviced it. Removed all the cables from motor to controller. Wire brushed and shined all connections. Coated them with NooxId. Separated all the Molex connectors I could find. Inspected them and sprayed with electrical cleaner.
Washed and waxed, aired up the tires.
The grandkids wanted Smores, so when I was done, it was off to the wood pile for campfire wood.
0521231740.jpg
Doubles Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2023, 10:23 AM   #10653
Makz06
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Completed my first golf cart front-end alignment…
It made a significant improvement over the recent performance.
For some reason after I converted from 36v to 48v, and lightened-up with a Lithium power source, the drive quality was much, much worse. After the conversion (maybe mostly due to speed increase), I found it very difficult to keep it moving in a straight line. Very squirrelly wanting to sway from side to side and required a tight grip on the wheel with constant corrections. I’m happy with the tracking now with just me on board. Will have to test later with the wife and additional passengers. I know last week when we attempted to go out with some passengers on the back I had to turn around and come home for the car instead…after a few hundred yards I was afraid I couldn’t keep it on my side of the road it was so bad.
Before I started I found that the toe-in was 1-3/8”. I moved it out to only 1/8”.
Now I need to search on how to straighten-up the steering wheel which is no longer vertical when the wheels are aimed straight ahead…
Makz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2023, 07:23 AM   #10654
Doubles Shooter
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makz06 View Post
Now I need to search on how to straighten-up the steering wheel which is no longer vertical when the wheels are aimed straight ahead…
Pull the steering wheel and realign it on the splines and reattach it.
Doubles Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2023, 09:21 AM   #10655
Makz06
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubles Shooter View Post
Pull the steering wheel and realign it on the splines and reattach it.
Just got done doing that. Was thinking I was going to have to bring back my steering wheel puller from my shop but it finally gave in…
Old 06-08-2023, 02:24 PM   #10656
localbar
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

delete this
localbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2023, 02:27 PM   #10657
localbar
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennywiz View Post
FastRXV "Stage 2 Tune"
Cart now goes 28mph with not much change to how the pedal felt in Freedom mode.

Ordered a larger set of wheels

Trying to figure out how to mount a sound bar with the roof and curtain configuration.
Previous RXV had some speakers in between the seats and those little speakers didn't sound good.
How is the FASTRXV holding up for you?
localbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2023, 07:10 AM   #10658
mbbeaubi
Not Yet Wild

I bought my first golf cart after doing no research. Was a ‘02 36V ezgo series cart. Lifted and looked cool with 23” tires, but too slow.

Added 2 more 6V batteries to get to 48V. Navitas controller and 5 kw AC motor swap. 2G cables. New wiring harness. 48V charger and charging port. 48V -> 12V reducer. New key plate with volt meter, fnr switch and usb charger.

Took cart that went 15mph on flat and struggled up the slightest incline to one that can do 35 mph and doesn’t even slow on hills.

Really fun project. Never worked on a golf cart before. Now I understand everything about my cart and am confident I can maintain it and do more upgrades myself going forward. Also can help my friends with their carts.
mbbeaubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2023, 07:39 AM   #10659
Makz06
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbbeaubi View Post
I bought my first golf cart after doing no research. Was a ‘02 36V ezgo series cart. Lifted and looked cool with 23” tires, but too slow.

Added 2 more 6V batteries to get to 48V. Navitas controller and 5 kw AC motor swap. 2G cables. New wiring harness. 48V charger and charging port. 48V -> 12V reducer. New key plate with volt meter, fnr switch and usb charger.

Took cart that went 15mph on flat and struggled up the slightest incline to one that can do 35 mph and doesn’t even slow on hills.

Really fun project. Never worked on a golf cart before. Now I understand everything about my cart and am confident I can maintain it and do more upgrades myself going forward. Also can help my friends with their carts.
Wow! What motor did you put in it?
My 48v upgrade and new motor gave me a nice bump in speed but nothing close to that.
Old 06-10-2023, 08:08 AM   #10660
mbbeaubi
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makz06 View Post
Wow! What motor did you put in it?
My 48v upgrade and new motor gave me a nice bump in speed but nothing close to that.
This one: https://golfcartsmodified.com/produc...43848297939201

The 5kw / 600A option. What size tires do you have. 23” tires was too much for my series motor, but the new motor handles them well and I’m sure that’s adding 5mph over stock tires. Also, obviously make sure you unrestrict your speed in your controller app.
mbbeaubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO