lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-28-2023, 07:00 AM   #1
fchafey
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2018 EZ Go TXT Valor Rear Hub Life

In September of 2021 my left rear hub got rounded out. I learned this is endemic to this type of cart. I ordered a pair of hubs @60 a piece and replacement was easy. Yesterday the replacement hub failed. I got 21 months out of the replacement. The hubs are now 107. I guess this is life with an EZ Go gas. We play quite a bit of golf and except for a month last year when the cart sat while I was at NTC it runs a lot. Just curious if others on here live with this as well. Thanks.
fchafey is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-28-2023, 07:24 AM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: 2018 EZ Go TXT Valor Rear Hub Life

Did you get an oem hub or aftermarket from Amazon/eBay?

I’ve owned a lot of ezgo’s. I have only had one that I bought with a stripped hub, and it’s one that was used within an inch of its life as a cart for a city maintenance crew. To say it was rough is an understatement

I got 2 ezgo’s from them actually, and a club car. All 3 of them for $225 I say this to give an idea of what kind of condition they were in.

That said, when I lived in Georgia I was in the country and used my carts considerably harder than the normal person would. Out of all the ezgo’s I’ve owned, I’ve never had a stripped hub aside from the one I bought that way. And even then, one one of those 2 carts was worth rebuilding (the other had too much frame rust to save) I took one of the hubs off the cart I scrapped and used it on the one I fixed. It never stripped either.

I’ve heard the aftermarket ones are pretty weak and strip out easier but the oem ones should serve you just fine
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2023, 09:22 AM   #3
fchafey
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2018 EZ Go TXT Valor Rear Hub Life

The original was an EZ Go. Lasted from March 2018 to Sept 21. 2 years 5 months minus two months sitting covid. 27 months. The pair was bought Amazon an they were Last of September to May 23. 17 months this time. The new hub is from EZ Go, but that will go in the locker until this new one fails. Torque check is completed during oil changes twice a year. I am thinking the Kawasaki motor, stainless steel drive shaft over power the cast hub, or my BFA should lose some weight....:)
fchafey is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO