lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-27-2023, 07:23 PM   #1
jeffrow004
Not Yet Wild

Default Does anyone know this Chinese cart

Hi I got this cart for really cheap. They said the batteries are new. It turns on but the lights don’t go on, it won’t go in forward or reverse and I don’t hear a clicking sound when I press the gas. The radio and the glow lights don’t go on. I am going to have my mechanic friend look at it to see if he can trouble shoot. It’s a cart that was bought from danardis motor factory in Naples Florida. Would I be able to have someone put a navitas conversion kit on this cart if the controller is shot?
jeffrow004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-27-2023, 07:24 PM   #2
jeffrow004
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Does anyone know this Chinese cart

I know it’s a Chinese cart and here are some specs the website has that sells them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7EA6EB25-B6A6-4BC1-BE88-D31CD0CD1D90.jpg (9.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 1268C440-99DE-4239-8F43-645B4C315A39.jpg (9.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-27-2023, 08:12 PM   #3
TheCartBoy
WARRANTY VOID

E-Z-GO

DC motor and 20 mph speed, not bad for the price.
It has a curtis motor controller and trojan batteries, at least they didnt cheap out there.

https://www.dmfmotor.com/dmf-ecarts.html

Ask the company for their manual or wiring diagram, then start checking wires with a multimeter
TheCartBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2023, 08:45 PM   #4
jeffrow004
Not Yet Wild

I tried calling a few times and nobody picks up and nobody replies to the emails. I got the cart for a few hundred bucks. The people didn’t want deal with the head ache nor did they have time to use it. My mechanics are gonna take a look at it for me in a week. I figured it’s probably something stupid or I could put a new motor and controller for a few grand.
Old 05-29-2023, 02:35 PM   #5
jeffrow004
Not Yet Wild

i figured out what the problem was. the people i got the cart from hadn't charged the cart in over a year so i had dead batteries and didn't realize the cart was not charging with the on board charger. i saw lights spinning so i thought it was charging. i had to individually charge each battery for 30-60 minutes with a 12v charger until it got enough juice to be charged with its charger.now everything is charged up and the cart is working normal. now the next process is to figure out if i can get this curtis controller to go faster then 19mph by reprogramming it.
Old 05-29-2023, 02:38 PM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

You need to hook a handheld up to it and see what controller it has. Should tell you what you can do with it.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay