lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-27-2023, 05:24 PM   #1
Sultany
Not Yet Wild

Default Electric golf cart solenoid clicking but not moving

I have a John Deere Gator which I did electric conversion

It is powered by the Curtis 1205 DC controller with a 58 volt lithium battery power pack

Machine was working fine around over the winter

Last week I noticed when I was pressing the accelerator there was a 5 to 30 secnd delay before the electric motor would start turning

I can hear the solenoid clicking,

I checked the cables and they seem to be all tight and in good condition

So far on the main contactor I get 58 volts on one side and 52 volts on the other stud. But when the accelerator is pushed down the main contactor is putting out 58 volts on the outgoing side towards the DC controller.

I have tried to remove the resistor on the main contactor to see if that was a problem and it did not help tested it and it gives appropriate resistance

Also, I tested the accelerator and I am getting 0 to 5k to resistance when the accelerator is pushed down

I don't see any faulty switches, 10 accelerator or the forward reverse switch

Also, A1 on the motor gets 58 volts when I press down the accelerator

Cant seem to figure out if this is a bad DC controller or some other problem

The motor seems to be turning completely fine without resistance when I manually turn it

Any help on troubleshooting would be appreciated
Sultany is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-01-2023, 05:47 PM   #2
dtrevor
Not Yet Wild

Smile Re: Electric golf cart solenoid clicking but not moving

When you say you here the solenoid clicking, I assume you mean one click when you depress the pedal. If multiple clicking, you either have a bad solenoid, bad pot, or corroded wires somewhere. Don't underestimate the trouble some corrosion can cause. It will have you chasing your tail. Ensure your connections not only look good but connections are free from corrosion.

Assuming all connections are free from corrosion. Set your meter for DC volts and connect the negative probe to the controllers M terminal. Connect the positive probe to the B+ terminal. Press the accelerator and watch to see of the voltage increases. It should read from 0 to full voltage of the battery as you depress the pedal. If there is no voltage the controller is bad.

You can also test the motor directly without a controller. There are procedures for doing this on this forum or you can google it.

You can find the tech manual for the Curtis 1204/5 here. https://www.e-kart.fr/images/stories...olers-1204.pdf

Good luck.
dtrevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2023, 09:25 PM   #3
Sultany
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Electric golf cart solenoid clicking but not moving

Thank you. I did. A voltage check between b plus and m minus and unfortunately it pointed to a defective controller, replaced it and got everything moving again
Sultany is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts