lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-27-2023, 11:50 AM   #1
scb71
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Best taps for LED lights and radio - 72v EZGO S6

I have a2021 6 seater 72v and I am adding undercarriage LEDs and also a small bluetooth amp for some marine speakers.

I'd prefer to tap into the existing 12v lines that are switched if possible. Where do you suggest?

In the dash I found two inputs into a small block that has 24v coming in and then on the other end is a plug with two sets of four wires - brown, black, gray and green. I believe this is a step down to two separate 12v runs to the USB outlets. I unplugged the 8 wire harness and attempted to test and I got about 10v on black and brown on each side. Not sure what the green and gray are. This is switched so could I just tap into this for the radio (bluetooth amp) and do it on the other for the LED lights?

For the LEDs I'd like to tap into the light switch but it has a low beam and a high beam so not sure how that would work. Ideally I'd have it such that the light switch turned on both the headlights and the LEDs but it is not imperative as there is a keychain to turn them on as well.

I would appreciate any tips and lessons learned.
thanks
scb71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-27-2023, 12:29 PM   #2
scb71
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Best taps for LED lights and radio - 72v EZGO S6

I could actually be a bigger idiot than I thought.
My tester was on AC. If I test those same two plugs into the usb connector before it goes to 8 wires I get ~13v.
So should I be testing DC and if so I guess I just use that?
Old 05-27-2023, 12:40 PM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

What you don’t know is what circuit feeds the wires you found. Might not be able to handle the load.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2023, 01:24 PM   #4
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Why not just put in a dc to dc reducer? Run a wire to a fuse block and you'll have all the connections in one place. Talk to scottyb one of the site sponsors.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2023, 01:34 PM   #5
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Should already have one because it has headlights.. Best option would be to find the fuse box and see if there is any open circuits.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2023, 12:28 PM   #6
scb71
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

For now I just stole from the run and will see how it goes. We dont use the USB outlets anyhow so figure if it could run two usb plugs it can likely run the LED lights and a bluetooth amp. I did put an inline fuse on it too though just in case.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO