lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-25-2023, 10:06 AM   #11
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Default Re: Can I use lower Ah batteries if I don't need to go far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Brad View Post
We have an Interstate Battery place in our town that sells blemished/reworked batteries. I got 6 x 6volt batteries for about $650 total few months ago and they are doing fine. I know they won't last as long as good batteries, but I am also buying time before upgrading. If you have one near you, check to see if they have some blemish 12 volts.
So I cant say for certainty in your case but when I bought my 6v blems in 2012 (I still have them although they are not in use as they finally have gotten to the point where they are worn out for my needs),
The guy at the interstate battery place explained the batteries I purchased were on a store shelf to be sold at full price just 2 days prior and once they are on the shelf for a certain amount of time they get sent back for recycling/ refurbishment unless someone buys them as blems..(basically no warranty implied)

So its not as if they are necessarily under performing in every case. ive bought many blems for things like my gas carts and my c3 corvette since and had no complaints.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-28-2023, 09:22 AM   #12
SolarRat
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Can I use lower Ah batteries if I don't need to go far?

I've used 3 $100 12v deep cycle marine batteries in a few carts. When new they are good for about 15 miles of range. After 3 years that will drop in half. You say you only use it 15 minutes a day, so you'd be fine. Go for it, but stay away from the AGMs. Deep cycle marine 105-115ah...I normally buy mine at O'Reillys for $99 each.
SolarRat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amp-hours, batteries, ezgo, personal use
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO