lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-20-2023, 08:20 PM   #1
js99ezgo
Not Yet Wild

Default 99 EZ-GO TXT - Lift Kit

Hello,

I have 1999 EZ-GO TXT which, with the great service from scottyb, got a massive upgrade in power.

When I got the cart I added a 5" drop axle lift from Jake's.

Let's just say I'm ready to look at long travel/A-Arm kits. With the lift I have the stabilizer bars don't fit right and I don't think they work all that well at high speeds anyway. I don't go off road but looking for more stability/get rid of the bump steer and a "better" ride. I run dual action leaf springs on the back with a rear seat but the cart dropped a ton of weight moving to lithium batteries.

From what I can tell there aren't many options out there but I was hoping there might be some suggestions:

Jake's Long Travel Kit ($1,050) - Never in stock
All Sports Long Travel kit (>$1,500 shipped)
SGC Heavy Duty A-Arm ($370)

Are these the only options or am I missing some. I've looked through other threads about some of them but didn't know if there were other kits I should be researching.
js99ezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-24-2023, 02:01 PM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: 99 EZ-GO TXT - Lift Kit

There have been a few new players here and there in the last few years. Since Covid the supply chain has been a mess and production got way behind. With that said....there's a reason Jakes is hard to get.....IMO their front suspension kit is the best. I've used a few other kits and nothing compares that is bolt on. I have also grafted an atv front suspension into a cart and the result was fantastic. Not sure if that's an option for you?
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2023, 11:41 AM   #3
js99ezgo
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 99 EZ-GO TXT - Lift Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
There have been a few new players here and there in the last few years. Since Covid the supply chain has been a mess and production got way behind. With that said....there's a reason Jakes is hard to get.....IMO their front suspension kit is the best. I've used a few other kits and nothing compares that is bolt on. I have also grafted an atv front suspension into a cart and the result was fantastic. Not sure if that's an option for you?
It might be, my buddy owns a machining shop and I'm sure he'd be up for a challenge. So you would consider the atv suspension superior to any bolt on?
js99ezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts