lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-18-2023, 08:37 PM   #1
fred93
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Oil leak on 93 Club Car

I have owned a 1993 Club Car for about 20 years. During that time I have done many repairs and replacements.

In 8-07-2017 I had to replace the gasket & seal on the crankcase cover because it was leaking oil.

Well here it is again leaking oil from the same place. I removed the engine from the cart and I found that the gasket is leaking on the crankcase cover. The gasket looks like it has squeezed out where the oil is leaking. I will know more after I remove the cover.

Has anyone had problems with the crankcase cover gasket leaking oil?

Is there a better gasket out there that is better?

Where is the best place to buy parts for this cart?

The engine is working fine, but I wonder if I should rebuild it since I have it out of the cart? (my dad always said if it works don't mess with it!)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2484.jpg (178.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2485.jpg (174.4 KB, 0 views)
fred93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-19-2023, 01:23 PM   #2
fred93
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Oil leak on 93 Club Car

Interesting that this review has the same problem that I have. As far as I can remember, I bought that gasket (in 2017) from buggiesunlimited as well.

Poor Material
Purchased on Jul 25, 2019
The gasket was no where near oem quality. When I installed it and torqued the cover down in sequence the gasket pushed out around the cover. I ended up ordering an OEM gasket elsewhere that is a better material and it worked fine. I would not recommend this gasket. https://www.buggiesunlimited.com/gol...t-reviews-list
Old 05-20-2023, 08:56 PM   #3
fred93
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I have removed the crankcase cover & the gasket. The area where the oil was leaking is at the top of the cover. You can see the area that was leaking in the photo. When I replaced the gasket in 2017 I sprayed the gasket with Permatex Copper Spray-A-Gasket, that is why the gasket has that copper look in the photo. The area that looks burnt was located at the bottom of the cylinder. I guess that area gets pretty hot.

I sure would like to buy a better gasket. Does anyone know where I can buy a better gasket????
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gasket.jpg (158.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2501.jpg (102.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-20-2023, 09:24 PM   #4
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

The aftermarket gaskets suck. Get an oem gasket from www.revolutiongolfcars.com or partzilla. No permatex necessary just clean both sides really well. I use a roloc disc to make it quick and easy.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 10:50 AM   #5
Ricks_club
Gone Wild

Is there a chance that the cover is warped ?

Check it out on a flat plate or a good quality piece of glass.
Ricks_club is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car