lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!
On Road Golf Carts! Low to the ground Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-17-2023, 03:26 PM   #1
TooMuchJuice
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 2001 ezgo txt bagged 3/8” Air lines

What’s up guys! So I’m just finishing/getting started with my project to bag my ezgo. I decided to go with 3/8” air lines so 18AB343C-05F9-4EBA-AA13-E3142305CFF7.jpg

4D5BC7B3-9AC4-4800-BFD6-249FF54F4AE5.jpg

CA7257D2-90B5-4DBA-A8ED-64B1E2AA05A8.jpg

C5FB446A-2E69-47A9-839B-545745E87CC6.jpgwhen I hit the switch, it almost ejects you! I have 7 switches via the airmaxxx system. Basically bought 8 valves, bags , compressor, tank . It’s been a long journey. I got a little anxious and the front suspension is quite ghetto. I lowered it by cutting off the u shaped piece at the end of the front axle that holds the spindle,’and welding bit on top of the axle, trying to mimic that drop axle that you can’t find anymore.!(the lowering one)

But I didn’t weld them back on straight, so my wheels have different camber. I’m doing the front end (again) next . Going to buy the lift kit drop axle and flip it upside down l.
Im getting quite a bit of roll from my front axle when I lay it down, the wheels camber out pretty tough. Can only be driven if aired up.!
So yea, I could use some help from the gurus here:)

Travis
TooMuchJuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-18-2023, 08:44 AM   #2
TooMuchJuice
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2001 ezgo txt bagged 3/8” Air lines

I just put these 14s on and they’re huge. I wanted 12s but every wheel looked better in a 14 and the tires were a lower profile.. now I’m going to have to wide body the cart and basicallly build it around the wheels. Anybody ever widebody their cart? How did you flare the fenders if so?

I’d really like to reshape the body with fiberglass, but need some advice. It’s cool to see so many people putting air on their ride. I bought the MA705 air shocks first, but they didn’t jump up fast enough, thus the airmaxx airbags, with 3/8” airlines. I need a bigger tank tho because the second I hit the switch, the compressor is on, and it MURDERS my battery.

So I guess after my babbling my main questions for anyone out there are:
What do you guys used for a battery? Since I don’t have an alternator, and these compressors need to be pushed by a battery that holds 13v, my battery goes dead after hitting the switches like 5 -6 times. Are you guys just running big lithiums and running your compressor off of a voltage drop down? I’m still running lead acid and no way I’m gonna kill them in 10 min with me compressor, so I have a seperate battery for now. But with the 8 valves and big lines it needs more juice. Help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Travis
Old 05-18-2023, 08:48 AM   #3
TooMuchJuice
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

How do you guys post pics?
Old 05-18-2023, 09:37 AM   #4
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

I can see the pictures in your first post. Looks like a fun project!
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2023, 02:13 PM   #5
TooMuchJuice
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeL View Post
I can see the pictures in your first post. Looks like a fun project!
Thanks, yea it is. I’m having a bit of trouble with my whole front end though. I rushed it a little so there are some issues. But one thing it is, is fast. It airs up so quick it’s nuts! I’m working on some front trailing bars. I saw a guy on here had posted some pics. I would love more detail.
Old 06-09-2023, 10:29 AM   #6
monkey-1
Monkeylicious

E-Z-GO

Looks good.
monkey-1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air ride, bagged, cart, golf cart, lowrider
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!