lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-18-2023, 03:08 PM   #11
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Another Lithium Battery Thread - Economical and Reliable Recommendation

I would wait for ECO. They have good customer service and have a solid product. I have a buddy that installed Roypow and he is happy with it - no issues in over a year now. But I have heard here that a few folks have had issues getting warranty support.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-18-2023, 05:05 PM   #12
cc_newb
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Another Lithium Battery Thread - Economical and Reliable Recommendation

Any feedback on Epoch? I agree with everyone that Eco appears the best, and should wait, but after watching the video from Fentertainment and considering Epoch is nearly $1,000 cheaper it is making me think otherwise. Have a hard time spending over $2k for a battery when we just occasionally use cart around neighborhood -- 5-10 miles max at a time. Just want to be able to hit 25mph for periods of that distance without pushing the limits that cause BMS issues (from what I've heard). Open to other economical options as well for staying under $2k.
cc_newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 06:12 PM   #13
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

IMO, 25mph is pushing it. Cheap doesn't work with Lithium. Everyone has the same batteries and electronics and none of the battery sellers make either of them. It's all packaging and selecting the proper components. (cells and BMS) To make it cheaper, you have to cut corners if you want to make enough $$ to stay in business.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 06:32 AM   #14
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
IMO, 25mph is pushing it. Cheap doesn't work with Lithium. Everyone has the same batteries and electronics and none of the battery sellers make either of them. It's all packaging and selecting the proper components. (cells and BMS) To make it cheaper, you have to cut corners if you want to make enough $$ to stay in business.
Some cut corners some just sell with less extras that cart owners may already have any not need. IE voltage reducers and the like.
jasonojordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 06:34 AM   #15
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_newb View Post
Any feedback on Epoch? I agree with everyone that Eco appears the best, and should wait, but after watching the video from Fentertainment and considering Epoch is nearly $1,000 cheaper it is making me think otherwise. Have a hard time spending over $2k for a battery when we just occasionally use cart around neighborhood -- 5-10 miles max at a time. Just want to be able to hit 25mph for periods of that distance without pushing the limits that cause BMS issues (from what I've heard). Open to other economical options as well for staying under $2k.
The Epoch offering is pretty new to the market. In theory it should work just fine though. The nice part about running multiple batteries like that is you can start with one or two of them and then add more later on as you need more range or make more mods and need the extra available continuous or peak amp draw capabilities.
jasonojordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car