lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-17-2023, 11:27 AM   #1
cc_newb
Not Yet Wild

Default Another Lithium Battery Thread - Economical and Reliable Recommendation

Currently have a 2011 CC Precedent with stock controller, motor, Trojan T-875 batteries, lift, 23" wheels. Currently I max out at 15-16 mph, but looking to get up to about 25 mph so controller and Lithium battery (don't like the thought of acid batteries) are my next upgrade. I don't plan to go crazy on controller, would more than likely be navitas or alltrax 300/400 amp controller as that should be sufficient for my needs/goals. What I'm less confident about is what battery should I match with he controller.

Usage is just around neighborhood so I don't need a large long distance battery. 60-70ah should be more than enough from what I can tell. After reading hours of threads on this forum, it appears everyone recommends a single battery over multiple in parallel.

The top two I see most often discussed in the Eco Battery 48v72am or big battery Falcon Elite - 48v 61ah.

What do you all recommend in general for my use case? Does not have to be between these two options. I'm looking for the best reliable and economical option for using around the neighborhood, but being able to run around 25 mph. Big Battery seems much cheaper and is available. Eco is much more expensive and the 72ah option appears sold out everywhere.

Appreciate your feedback!
cc_newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-17-2023, 11:35 AM   #2
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Another Lithium Battery Thread - Economical and Reliable Recommendation

Reason the Eco is more expensive is it includes the charger and a voltage reducer as well as a state of charge gauge.

I have the Big Battery Falcon Elite in my cart that I use for at work. It has worked great and it is used constantly off pavement on surfaces that can vary between hard and loose packed gravel, ice and several feet of snow, and mud and loose sawdust.

I have a Navitas 400a controller as well and even with that controller and the AT stock size tires I have on it I have not had a issue with tripping the BMS. The cart runs around 22-23mph on the pavement with this setup along with the 200lbs or so of tools I have on the back.

I opted to skip the options big battery had for chargers and go with this one.
https://signaturesolar.com/eg4-batte...ger-48v-18a-1/

It was cheaper then their waterproof option on their website and I have it mounted on the cart inside the battery compartment with the battery. I do on board charging so I had to buy this NOCO charge port so I can charge in any building I end up at working that day.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Lastly with the bms they use on the Falcon Elite you can not connect to it so to monitor my state of charge I went with this Smart Shunt

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0856PHNLX...fix=victr&th=1

With your cart having a lift one battery if being used off pavement may not have enough peak output depending on how hard you take off.
jasonojordan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2023, 11:42 AM   #3
cc_newb
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Another Lithium Battery Thread - Economical and Reliable Recommendation

Good catch on the Eco kit including a charger. That does close the gap some plus the battery is a little larger. The next issue though is it doesn't appear you can get the 72ah battery anywhere right now. Any alternate recommendations to the Eco price/performance? Would not want to go more expensive.
Old 05-17-2023, 11:53 AM   #4
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

If possible, I would wait for Eco to be restocked. ScottyB (sponsor)said he should be restocked sometime this month and has free shipping.
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2023, 12:19 PM   #5
cc_newb
Not Yet Wild

I may wait, but how do the Roypow or Uno batteries compare? Looks like they are around the same price.
Old 05-17-2023, 12:29 PM   #6
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_newb View Post
I may wait, but how do the Roypow or Uno batteries compare? Looks like they are around the same price.
Roypow are well reviewed from what I have seen most people are not too keen on Uno. Part of that being some questionable tactics in marketing.

If you are fine with the cost of the Eco kit and fine with waiting for the 72ah to come back in to stock I would do that. From what I have seen the Eco is a quality setup with world class support.
Old 05-17-2023, 01:14 PM   #7
cc_newb
Not Yet Wild

Appreciate all of your responses to my questions. Have one more, which is a change of thought.

I just watched a video by Fentertainment, and looks like he has good reviews on Epoch Dual Batteries, which is much more responsible, including charger, and his demo lines up with what I was looking for -- speed and distance. Thoughts?
Old 05-17-2023, 01:24 PM   #8
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Appreciate all of your responses to my questions. Have one more, which is a change of thought.

I just watched a video by Fentertainment, and looks like he has good reviews on Epoch Dual Batteries, which is much more responsible, including charger, and his demo lines up with what I was looking for -- speed and distance. Thoughts?
Nothing wrong with running multiple batteries as long as they are at your carts voltage (IE 36v, 48v,72v). Where you run into trouble is running multiple lower voltage packs to achieve your carts needed voltage.
Old 05-17-2023, 05:31 PM   #9
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Correct, don’t use 12v batteries in series.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 09:39 AM   #10
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Quote:
Got a Roypow and had trouble with a warranty issue. If I was going to buy again, it would be Eco.
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car