lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-17-2023, 07:28 AM   #1
Adeimantos
Not Yet Wild

Default Should I replace Bad Boy Buggy controller with a generic one

I bought a Bad Boy Buggy 4 wheel drive golf cart with the field retrofit kit (frk), and hooked up batteries, but the cart won't move; it clicks and gives the error code of green on, red 1 flash, which means it thinks the accelerator is engaged. Sometimes it goes to red on green 3 flashes, meaning the accelerator sensors don't agree. So there must be something in the wiring to the accelerator, but since so many people have had trouble with this cart I wonder if it would be worthwhile to just get the controller and frk out of there and put in some other controller, I suppose it would have to be two-wheel drive if I do that but I'm okay with that. I don't know if that would be best, or to figure out the wiring issue that the codes are signaling, or to get rid of the frk and hook up the original controller.
It seems like there would have been a lot simpler way to fix the recall issue that the frk is there to fix of the golf cart taking off, like maybe just a simple switch attached on top of the pedal so that you press both at once.
Adeimantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-17-2023, 12:57 PM   #2
TheCartBoy
WARRANTY VOID

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Should I replace Bad Boy Buggy controller with a generic one

Check the voltage output from the throttle as you press it down. If its not changing thats your problem. Golf carts also have a microswitch which closes when you press the throttle down, make sure that signal is working - ive seen the little metal tab on that switch break inside the pedal box and you cant drive anymore.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9bw.jpg (74.9 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by TheCartBoy; 05-17-2023 at 01:41 PM.. Reason: Add photo
TheCartBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2023, 06:46 PM   #3
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

There was a generation of Bad Boy Buggies where there was a safety recall for the accelerator pedal causing unintended acceleration. If yours still has the recall-affected accelerator, the new controller won't accept it and faults out. Any new replacement controllers are designed with the updated accelerator pedal in mind. Dealt with this when they started showing up in 2009, and now with how often they change and without any means of getting repair data from them, we no longer accept them in for repair/service.

They're not the best car anyway. Ride like a war wagon and even hunters hate them.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 08:39 AM   #4
Adeimantos
Not Yet Wild

It's probably the newer pedal assembly, the part that attaches to the pedal has 9 wires coming out, 6 to one plug and 3 to the other. Any way of finding the color code so I know what to test for?
Adeimantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts