lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-12-2023, 12:47 PM   #1
Gabe85
Not Yet Wild

Default 1993 yamaha carb issues

I have a 1993 gas powered yamaha, float was sticking in the old carb so I ordered a new one. When installing new carb I found my intake/carb spacer was broke. Ordered a new one. So after I installed new spacer and carb it will only run with the breather box removed. If breather is installed the cart will run if choke is on but not well. Even if I remove the filter from the breather box the cart still runs rough. But with the box removed the cart runs good. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.
Gabe85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-13-2023, 06:08 PM   #2
tom4416
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 1993 yamaha carb issues

Is the carb a Yamaha OEM or a Chinese knockoff? If Chinese, suspect that is your problem as they are often jetted incorrectly, bad floats, missing gaskets, improper castings, etc.. Never had one last more than a few months and gave up on them and only buy OEM.
tom4416 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2023, 07:01 PM   #3
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I’m gonna guess you got a cheap $20 carb from Amazon. If it only runs with the airbox open then it’s pig rich and typical for a China carb.

Take the oem original carb apart. Clean it really good with carb cleaner and compressed air and put it back on. You can use the o ring, gaskets, and the little plastic thing the throttle cable attaches to at the top off the China carb. The rest of it I wouldn’t bother.

Only other option is a jet kit for the China carb if thr oem is completely unusable. But I’d try to save it if at all possible. Usually they just need a cleaning out.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2023, 10:43 PM   #4
Gabe85
Not Yet Wild

Sorry been camping this weekend and just now seen the replies. Yes it is a cheap Chinese carb, I will clean OEM carb really good and see if that helps. I have a feeling yall are correct thanks for the replies!
Gabe85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha