lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-11-2023, 04:57 PM   #1
Chris_feldk
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Post Yamaha G1 Shorting out

I’ve had this g1 running great last season and after coming out of storage every now and then the starter just clunks over slowly and kills the battery. I put two leads on the positive and negative and when the pedal is pressed I get 6 ohms across positive and negative no fuses are blown. And it happens very inconsistently. Is it shorting? Or is there just high resistance somewhere any help would be great!
Chris_feldk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-17-2023, 06:37 PM   #2
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

Default Re: Yamaha G1 Shorting out

IF you remove the drive belt and turn it over by hand, does it feel like the engine has bound up? (ring ridge?)

Look inside one of the brush covers of the starter and see if there's anything left. Slow turning over/weak is often worn brushes.

Yamaha G1's sometimes start off slow and gain speed as they crank over. It's not shorting it's just got a lot of resistance somewhere. BTW is your charging system working? If it ultimately loses volts and the battery dies even when it's running that's probably the voltage regulator giving out.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2023, 09:38 AM   #3
Chris_feldk
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G1 Shorting out

So i have no ring ridges but i disconnected the positive wire to the voltage regulator and it cranked over faster than it did with it on. And fixed the shorting out issue. I also get continuity across the voltage regulators positive and negative. Is the voltage regulator bad? Is there a way to fix it? And it’s also not charging.
Chris_feldk is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha