lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-26-2023, 11:49 AM   #1
John Lytvinenko
Not Yet Wild

Default RXV lithium “brake light coil missing” error

I’ve worked on lots of TXTs. This is my first RXV Lithium. Scenario. Tried to unlock Freedom mode. Got long buzzer. Checked with hand held. No freedom mode. Then noticed brake lights not working. Open floor board. Found micro switch on brake pedal. Inserted a normal brake pad on peddle switch. Brake lights work now. So believe microswitch defective. Tried passkey download again. No luck. Current error code “brake light coil missing”. Search RXV 48 volt Curtis troubleshooting guide. Sends me to chk Brake light Relay? Page 50. I’ve talked with 4 EZGO techs. All have no idea what that is? Online search brings up 12v brake relay for gas RXVs. Any Help would be appreciate. Customer getting nervous. Thanks
John Lytvinenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-26-2023, 12:07 PM   #2
TheCartBoy
WARRANTY VOID

E-Z-GO

Default Re: RXV lithium “brake light coil missing” error

Brake lights are powered by pin 4 (used as the ground). Not sure if it's sinking directly or through a relay, depends on your light kit. But controller is complaining it's not seeing anything connected to that pin.
TheCartBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2023, 12:31 PM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Usually the controller doesn’t care if the brake light relay is there so not sure why it is throwing this code. The relay when used is under the cup holder and uses a red and purple wire to activate it.. If you have a switch on the pedal itself that is not factory.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2023, 12:53 PM   #4
John Lytvinenko
Not Yet Wild

I have the dash off. There is no harness plug with 4 wires or relay as shown on page 50 of RXV 48v Curtis trouble shooting guide. I do see an unattached purple wire and an unattached red wire. I was told those are supposed to be used by a GPS system. Since everything works, drives, stops, all lights working, the real issue is how do i get the controller to accept a passkey? I’m assuming this error code is stopping the controller from accepting the passkey. The handheld will let me clear error code history but not allow clearing current error code. My passkeys are new and worked on a TXT. I’ve tried 4-5 times on this RXV. I’m hoping I didn’t lose those passkeys in the process. Is there anyway to reset the controller? I’m going to try disconnecting the battery for 15 mins and check again. Thanks for you help!
Old 10-26-2023, 01:08 PM   #5
TheCartBoy
WARRANTY VOID

E-Z-GO

As kgsc said, even if you have the brake light missing fault, the controller doesn't care and you can still drive it.
The fault shouldnt prevent using the passkey either.

What are the beep patterns again? Are you sure it's not indicating it's been used up?
Old 10-26-2023, 01:28 PM   #6
TheCartBoy
WARRANTY VOID

E-Z-GO

I believe 1 long beep means it's used up.

Last edited by TheCartBoy; 10-26-2023 at 01:34 PM.. Reason: Checked beep notes
Old 10-26-2023, 02:34 PM   #7
John Lytvinenko
Not Yet Wild

I just bought the passkey. Is supposed to have 20 keys. I used the first one on a TXT. Got 3 beeps. It’s in freedom mode. Next i tried the RXV. Just got a long buzzer. No beeps. Check with a hand held. Mine doesn’t say if freedom is on or not. But i was able to advance all of the speed and acceleration parameters. So it takes off like a rocket then at 13 mph the virtual governor kicks in. I tried 4-5 times with no luck. Is there a way to check if the passcodes are used up?
Old 10-26-2023, 02:42 PM   #8
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

It is possible someone sold you a single use token. If I remember when the dongle is used up you get one beep.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2023, 03:13 PM   #9
TheCartBoy
WARRANTY VOID

E-Z-GO

From my notes:
3 beeps = freedom unlock worked
6 beeps fast = cart already unlocked
1 beep for 2 seconds = pass key all used up (won't even tell you if you plug into an already unlocked carts)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO