lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-08-2023, 06:43 AM   #1
ellceywaup
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Post 2007 YDRE Feels like no regen and rate of discharge

Hi all. New here. Just picked up a 2007 YDRE. I felt the battery's didn't last real long (12v x 4)... I replaced with four fresh Crown 150ah batteries. Seems better to a point, but I'm still skeptical. Ran around campground on three different occasions at about 20 minutes of on and off half pedal driving, and ended up on the "volt gauge" at about the 65-60% area. So, there are extras installed on this machine as purchased. LED lights under roof and under cart (which I did not run) There is also a 400 watt amp (marine grade) for the sound system (which i did use half of that time). Also feels like no regenerative braking going on? I really hear nothing when letting off the pedal, and seems to free wheel to me? Not sure if battery rate of discharge and this are related? With no extra stuff being used, what is a typical run between charges at say mostly half throttle to 3/4 throttle once in a while? Thanks in advance for any ideas/help.
ellceywaup is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-08-2023, 08:36 AM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 2007 YDRE Feels like no regen and rate of discharge

With the stock Moric controller, I don't think you get much Regen but it's been too long since I upgraded to Alltrax where I can control all of that myself. Also, the stock Hitachi motor is probably in need of brushes if your cart is a 2007. My 2009 and 2012 both needed brushes. I bought my 2009 three years ago with a dead Hitachi motor. The brushes were shot and the commutator was in not the best shape. I like these carts - still have both of them - but the motors and controllers are very sub par! Alltrax and D&D in both of mine now. (along with Lithium batteries)
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2023, 08:55 AM   #3
ellceywaup
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Cool. Thanks for the info, Volt_Ampere! I can feel some slight surge here and there sometimes too, so I'm thinking we'll see if it lives through the summer and go after all these maintenance items. Appreciate it!
Old 05-08-2023, 08:59 AM   #4
cssnms
Getting Wild

Shoulda replaced the batteries with Crown CR 190 w/190 ah.
cssnms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2023, 12:40 PM   #5
ellceywaup
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Yeah, that would have helped too... But... I sourced what I could at the moment. Thank you for the info.
Old 05-10-2023, 02:39 PM   #6
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Ellseywaup, new FLA batteries only have ~ 75% capacity, it takes about 20+ charging cycles to get the full nominal capacity.
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 12:17 PM   #7
ellceywaup
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojo View Post
Ellseywaup, new FLA batteries only have ~ 75% capacity, it takes about 20+ charging cycles to get the full nominal capacity.
Ok. We'll see how it goes some more cycles in. Thanks!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha