lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-06-2023, 01:51 AM   #1
NorCalChewy
Not Yet Wild

Default Eco v Uno v Trojan GCB-TROJ-60 v Non-Drop-in Amazon stuff

Hi All,

i've got a 2006 Club Car Precedent 48V (currently 4x Trojan 1275+). I'm looking to Go LiFePO4. I'm not a super tinkerer and don't want a huge project, but I'm also relatively handy so I can handle some modifications. I also want top of the line safety... I don't need this thing burning my house down with my kids in it... (Read that burnt down card sticky... so I won't be recycling random leaf/volt batteries of questionable history)

So far from browsing this forum the top choice looks to be the Eco bundles.

https://www.extremekartz.com/eco-bat...customWarranty
https://www.extremekartz.com/eco-bat...customWarranty

Question: Is the ONLY reason I'd go 105ah vs 72ah is for driving range??? I'd never go more than 18 holes + 3 miles for 19th hole & buddy's house, so based on that I think the $550 savings for the 72ah should be fine.

Question2: Is the 12V converter so I can use things in the card like the headlights, etc...? I assume so.

The cart is mostly stock (I think).. It does goes about 20-22mph and I think I remember the guy I bought it from telling me it had the speed upgrade. I assume with the dropped weight this'll be a little improved (24? 25?). That's probably good enough for me... I don't need to get to 30mph.

Other options:

Uno - Seems like lots of marketing but little beyond that. Lightweight is nice.
https://unobatteries.com/products/48v-90ah-lithium-ion

Trojan - Benefit here, is that this is the OEM of my current batteries?
https://golfcartstuff.com/products/t...40008312848446

Eco Worthy - Benefit here is obviously cost. But I'd have to buy a charger, BMS and 12v Converter?
https://www.amazon.com/ECO-WORTHY-Ef...8-eab9385652d5

Thanks all!
NorCalChewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-06-2023, 04:05 AM   #2
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Eco v Uno v Trojan GCB-TROJ-60 v Non-Drop-in Amazon stuff

Range is the only reason to go for the Eco 105 over the Eco 72. Both have the same discharge characteristics. 12v converter is to run any 12v accessories you may have, lights radio etc.

UNO, lots of deceptive marketing.

No benefit it going with Trojan because they’re OEM.

Eco Worthy, no real specs provided, no info on discharge current limits.

I know where I’d spend my money.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 06:24 AM   #3
Trenks
Not Yet Wild

Eco Worthy from Amazon is a no go IMHO. A lot of crap coming out of Amazon.
Trenks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 06:52 AM   #4
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

If you are willing to spend the premium money for a rock solid drop in ready battery package you can not beat Eco.

If you want to save some money and source some stuff yourself there are other options out there especially if you dont need a long range.

Your thought on picking up speed is probably a bit optimistic but could surprise me.
jasonojordan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 07:51 AM   #5
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

In the beginning I did a Chevy Volt build and was very happy with it; I had no problems (got a ton of help from folks on here) and learned a lot. That said, you can see by my sig where I am at in my cart.
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 04:04 PM   #6
Shanky
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonojordan View Post
If you are willing to spend the premium money for a rock solid drop in ready battery package you can not beat Eco.

If you want to save some money and source some stuff yourself there are other options out there especially if you dont need a long range.

Your thought on picking up speed is probably a bit optimistic but could surprise me.
I think Stock Club Cars with a Speed Code are speed “governed” and have not much to do with Power. My top speed did not change when I put my ECO 105 in. My range improved dramatically, my ability to accelerate up hill is better, but as soon as I hit about 19 MPH, my speed tops out.
Shanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 05:17 PM   #7
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I’ve got the allied batteries and love them. 2 batteries for 60aH would work well with a stock motor and controller, and give 30+ miles range. Benefit is they fit in the stock battery location and use the stock battery tie-downs. Few bucks cheaper than the 72aH eco kit too, around $1700 with a charger from plowmans.

For 2400 you could get 3 of them and have 90aH for about $100 more than the 72aH Eco. That’s what I have and I average 50+ miles if I don’t drive it too hard… so I’d say I usually average 40-45ish cause we drive it pretty hard

And yea, if you’re programmed with a speed code to max it out, you won’t gain speed. Gain a bit of giddy up though.

If you have a speed magnet you’ll pick up a few mph. My cart did 25ish with the stock motor, stock controller, and a speed magnet.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2023, 07:49 AM   #8
DaveMJ
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat911 View Post
Range is the only reason to go for the Eco 105 over the Eco 72. Both have the same discharge characteristics..
The 72Ah data sheet was revised at the end of last year. Previously the 72Ah and 105Ah had the same discharge characteristics:
Max Continuous 175A
3 Second 600A
30 Second 300A
Latest 72Ah data sheet reads:
Max Continuous 125A
3 Second 400A
30 Second 250A
They also added this note to the web page:

"Warning: This battery is best suited for stock carts or carts with 250A or lower controllers. Use with modified, lifted, or carts with higher amp controllers may result in shortened run times and/or system shutdowns."

I favor the 105Ah.
DaveMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2023, 08:22 AM   #9
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Thanks for clarifying that Dave, I wasn’t aware.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2023, 08:27 AM   #10
superfan86
Getting Wild
Club Car

Just as a good point of reference for Eco 105 vs Uno range:

Range Test Eco vs Allied vs Bolt vs Uno

I have installed 72ahEco, 65ah Allied and 105ah of various brands.

My parents have a DS on 23" tires but otherwise stock cart and get around 24 miles with the Allied 65ah.

My neighbor has a stock 2Five (LSV version of an RXV with a 300 amp controller) with a 72ah and he gets at least 25 miles on a charge with plenty of power.

105ah Allied, Bolt, and EcoBattery units in both stock and modified carts and never had an issue with any. All get excellent range and have solid power.

Only battery I would avoid is BigBattery. Major quality control issues, terrible warranty support, and poor quality BMS.
superfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car