lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-25-2023, 03:16 PM   #1
Columbia Eagle
Not Yet Wild

Default DeltaQ 48v Charger wont power up

I have an older Columbia Eagle golf cart with the on-board Delta Q charger (Model 912-4800). It has suddenly stopped powering up, so not charging (The wife is not happy). I confirmed there is power available at the 6" power lead and tried with the battery connections attached and removed with no change. Are there other troubleshooting tips I can perform, or are there any know issues with this charger than can be owner serviced? Not ready to shell out for a new charger if it is not necessary. Thanks in advance for your wisdom!!
Columbia Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-26-2023, 10:38 AM   #2
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

Default Re: DeltaQ 48v Charger wont power up

If there is normal AC power present at that short lead (the one that looks like a computer plug) then the thing should at least have a small amber LED lighting up with or without connection to the battery pack. They aren't user serviceable though. But you don't have to pay full list price from the OEM (which is over $1100) for one, you can get them for less than half with a quick internet search based off the model 912-4800.
Tech Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 01:32 PM   #3
Columbia Eagle
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the info, I opened it up and one of the capacitors let their smoke out. I found one online. Thanks again!
Old 04-29-2023, 10:26 AM   #4
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

Good for you for be investigative. (Im not allowed to tell you that stuff. )
Tech Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2023, 01:20 PM   #5
Columbia Eagle
Not Yet Wild

Ok, I received my new charger and got it installed and it powered up normally. The charger went through it's self test and then started flashing red (2 flashes - Battery voltage too low). Will the charger trickle charge to bring them up? or what are my options to charge the batteries enough to get the Delta Q charger to take over - I own a small 12 V Automotive charger, but it says to not use on 6v batteries....
Old 04-30-2023, 01:26 PM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Put it on 2 6 volts at a time.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar